Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Save our lands!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #31
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
Yup I agree..... I also feel let down by all the ones that said it had to be done or we were going to lose even more. Even shops like SDR that agreed with the bill......
Pretty sure the ROHVA wanted everyone to buy one of their new 4 seaters is the reason behind the seat rule. Hopefully like he said, they'll amend that out of the law. Not a fan of helmet laws on or off road, but I can live with them. No clue how BRC and the like let it go through with zero comment, other than they don't know shit about UTV's and are geared towards 2 wheelers, jeeps and ATV's. With the popularity of UTV's there should be an AMA type group specific to UTV's, like a AUTVA Assoc to fight for our rights. I think Joey D mentioned someone is working on something along those lines...
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #32
SDLineman
Serious Hooligan
Hooligan

SDLineman is an unknown around here

I got that same email forwarded to me yesterday, but was too busy working on an outage in Borrego Springs for 23 damn hours to post it. Glad to see someone is working to correct the errors. I have been guilty of sitting back and assuming somebody else will take care of everything, so I can't argue with QH. I can see how that could easily happen though, most of the off road community are middle-class citizens who are too busy working or enjoying the toys the work so hard to pay for, that they don't spend the time to look into political crap. I'll try to find some time to make some calls or write some emails for this though, and make a little more effort to keep at it too.
SDLineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 PM   #33
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Bunch of 's covering their asses...

Fuck Kawasaki and the rest of them

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., would like to thank you for your interest in the recently enacted State of California Assembly Bill 1595. We understand this issue has an effect on our valued Kawasaki family of consumers as well as the Side x Side industry. It is important to note that all leading Side x Side manufacturers represented by the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association (ROHVA) supported this bill. (i,e, johnny did it too)

We would like to direct your attention to the ROHVA web site which has posted a statement further clarifying the enactment of AB 1595 and the support provided by all OEM members in order to preserve and protect the Side x Side industry.

www.rohva.org/PressRoom.aspx

ROHVA and California's AB 1595
IRVINE, Calif., July 31, 2012 – The Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association (ROHVA) is the national industry organization representing the Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle (ROV) industry. ROHVA is sponsored by the major manufacturers and distributors of ROVs: Arctic Cat, BRP, John Deere, Kawasaki, Polaris and Yamaha.

ROHVA’s mission is to promote the safe and responsible use of ROVs and to preserve and protect the ROV industry. Since its inception in 2007, ROHVA has pursued its mission by developing safety programs and guidelines including Model State Legislation. ROHVA also has developed voluntary vehicle design standards under the auspices of the American National Standards Institute.

ROHVA sponsored - and all of its member companies strongly support - AB 1595 in California. AB 1595 was developed by adapting ROHVA’s Model State Legislation, published since 2008, in the context of California’s existing off-highway vehicle (OHV) regulatory scheme. AB 1595 created ROVs as a separate class of OHV with an engine size not greater than 1,000 cc. The ROV provisions of AB 1595 expressly do not apply to vehicles known as sand buggies, dune buggies, ATVs or jeeps.

AB 1595 contains five provisions regulating the use of ROVs in California. Each of those requirements directly address hazards identified by CPSC in incidents resulting in serious injuries and fatalities. In order to ensure that ROVs continue to be available, and safely used, it is critical that industry and enthusiasts support legislation to ensure the vehicles are used as designed and recommended by the manufacturers.

Again with the big corps fucking everyone else to maximize profits
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:08 AM   #34
Kevlar
I'm a bad, bad Hooligan!
Hooligan

Kevlar will become infamous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
Pretty sure the ROHVA wanted everyone to buy one of their new 4 seaters is the reason behind the seat rule. Hopefully like he said, they'll amend that out of the law. Not a fan of helmet laws on or off road, but I can live with them. No clue how BRC and the like let it go through with zero comment, other than they don't know shit about UTV's and are geared towards 2 wheelers, jeeps and ATV's. With the popularity of UTV's there should be an AMA type group specific to UTV's, like a AUTVA Assoc to fight for our rights. I think Joey D mentioned someone is working on something along those lines...
http://isxsa.com/
Kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
s@ndm@n
The Loose Nut
Admin

s@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortal

No "in print" fix yet to AB1595...

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." - Jezza
s@ndm@n is offline   Reply With Quote