Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > HooliRacing > Durkee Racing

Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #251
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

diirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortal

Mikes has pics up:
http://mikesracephoto.exposuremanage...1&photo_page=5
http://mikesracephoto.exposuremanage...1&photo_page=7
Old 10-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #252
ninner
Driver Of Record
HooliGIRL+Hooligan

ninner guards the Holy Grailninner guards the Holy Grailninner guards the Holy Grail
Default Wendy's Race Report

I was excited and extremely nervous to be involved in my first PowderPuff Race (first race ever for that matter). As we sat at the starting line in our Predator X-18, I just wanted to go. I was the first one off the line in the first heat and felt all of the pressure. Tons of people were watching. What if I stalled it? What if I didn’t go fast enough? What if I awkwardly hit a whoop? I just wanted to get away from the people and drive the course. I was beginning to feel claustrophobic. The take off went fairly smooth. I felt like we got a good start. We did really well for the first four miles. It seemed like we were traveling fast and I was becoming more confident about actually racing. That’s when things turned bad. As we were crossing the wash I was flooring it and we were slowing down. I had destroyed a belt. It turned out to not be my fault (the belt cooling fan fuse was loose) but it was still terrible. We coasted to the side of the course where a cameraman came and asked why we had stopped. (We were waiting for a manicure of course! Wasn’t that included in our race fees?) After he left, three very nice gentlemen came and towed us off of the course. Thanks for your help guys! We got the belt cover off and were prepared when our pit crew arrived to replace the belt and troubleshoot the fan. Our first lap took one hour and thirty-seven minutes! That has to be a record! J Once we realized that we would be back in the race, I just wanted to finish. During the rest of the first and part of the second lap, I was hesitant about pushing the car. Then I finally decided that we needed to test its limits and just go for it!! I think I became addicted to passing vehicles and getting through all the technical parts of the course as quickly as possible. You can ask my co-driver, Shannon, I was obsessed! Stop to pit, No Way! You have to pee? Too bad! You feel sick? Suck it up!! I know I am not very considerate in this environment. Thanks for being understanding, Shannon. You were a great co-driver! We got through three laps and actually finished the race. I would have loved to see how we would have done without the destroyed belt but I guess things happen. We will get it the next time!

I want to thank Eric and Aaron for encouraging us to race and providing all the support while we were practicing and everything else. Thanks Eamon for providing a great car! I love it! It handles great and rides smoothly! We just need to make it faster! Also thanks to all the Hooligans who came out to help and support us (Buggs & Family, Stacey, Todster, Princess Buttercup, Buford, JT, Chrome, JWS, Ronnie and Family, Rick and Steph, and anyone else that I may have left out)!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #253
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Nice write up Wendy I cant wait till next year
jws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #254
s@ndm@n
The Loose Nut
Admin

s@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortals@ndm@n is believed to be immortal

You are most welcome Wendy. You two did great! Very proud!

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you." - Jezza
s@ndm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #255
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Outstanding Racing effort by all, Looking forward to next year. will be the 4th year in a row.

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #256
CHAIN_DOGG
Team "Think Pink "
Hooligan

CHAIN_DOGG has quite a few friendsCHAIN_DOGG has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post

X2
CHAIN_DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 AM   #257
truggyboy
......................... ..
Hooligan

truggyboy has quite a few friendstruggyboy has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
x3, you and shannon are troopers and kicked some ass. Thanks for the experience. Hope to be able to do this again.
truggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #258
RRC
bad Hooligan!
Hooligan

RRC has quite a few friendsRRC has quite a few friends

COPIED FROM M.O.R.E's website . . .

Total Donation collected Including Royal Purple $40,000.00 for 2009 Powder Puff

$110,125.00!!!!!
RRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #259
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
COPIED FROM M.O.R.E's website . . .

Total Donation collected Including Royal Purple $40,000.00 for 2009 Powder Puff

$110,125.00!!!!!
NICE COIN for the

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote