Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 12-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
Is there ANYTHING bad that happens that's not Obama's fault?
Bob,

It's interesting that you didn't answer my question but I'll answer yours. First of all, your reply was a vacuous and clearly avoids the fact that Obama has done very little to help race relations in the U.S. Additionally, he has done very little to help the black communities help themselves out of their poverty and crime. To directly answer your question ...... it would be no.

Do you see a problem with the fact that the the POTUS has embraced Al Sharpton as a White House advisor? http://tinyurl.com/k8uey5o

Over 20 years ago, black liberal Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson said: "The sociological truths are that America, while still flawed in its race relations ... is now the least racist white-majority society in the world; has a better record of legal protection of minorities than any other society, white or black; offers more opportunities to a greater number of black persons than any other society, including all those of Africa." So it must have been Bush that has caused all the decline in U.S. race relations?

It's the job of the President to help ease the country's pains, not add salt to its wounds by being associated with the likes of Sharpton.

Most reasonable people question whether a president who has opted to throw himself into the ring when a black friend is arrested or a black teenager is killed, but who refuses to call for calm when black people beat, threaten, and intimidate innocent white people, may actually be condoning the violence through his silence and inaction. Where is this president's outrage?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #12
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
Bob,

It's interesting that you didn't answer my question but I'll answer yours. First of all, your reply was a vacuous and clearly avoids the fact that Obama has done very little to help race relations in the U.S. Additionally, he has done very little to help the black communities help themselves out of their poverty and crime. To directly answer your question ...... it would be no.
Howie, I'm a lot of things but vacuous ain't one of them. Nothing proves the validity of my reply better than your answer to it, “it would be no” there is nothing bad that isn't Obama's fault. Thanks for making my point so clear again.

Quote:
Do you see a problem with the fact that the the POTUS has embraced Al Sharpton as a White House advisor?It's the job of the President to help ease the country's pains, not add salt to its wounds by being associated with the likes of Sharpton. http://tinyurl.com/k8uey5o
Al Sharpton has been a prominent black civil rights activist for 5 decades Howie. Before Obama was POTUS, Sharpton was one of the first people you expected to hear from on a civil rights issue so he's been a leader in that field for a long time. The fact that he is so good at getting under your skin means he's good athis job as an activist Howie. To my knowledge he's never been convicted of a felony, so no I have no problem with Obama dealing with him.

Quote:
Over 20 years ago, black liberal Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson said: "The sociological truths are that America, while still flawed in its race relations ... is now the least racist white-majority society in the world; has a better record of legal protection of minorities than any other society, white or black; offers more opportunities to a greater number of black persons than any other society, including all those of Africa." So it must have been Bush that has caused all the decline in U.S. race relations?
No Howie, this one is Obama's fault and it is because the color of his skin and the reaction of conservative America to that color. Obviously we weren't ready for a Black POTUS, but maybe we never would have been until it happened. John Stewart played a great clip the other day mocking Fox news for blathering about the race card recently. Then he showed Fox news and a bunch of video of them crying about the plight of the white man after Obama's election playing the race card exactly the same for whites. The decline in race relations has been a backlash to a black POTUS in my opinion.

Quote:
Most reasonable people question whether a president who has opted to throw himself into the ring when a black friend is arrested or a black teenager is killed, but who refuses to call for calm when black people beat, threaten, and intimidate innocent white people, may actually be condoning the violence through his silence and inaction. Where is this president's outrage?
This President doesn’t show outrage Howie, not his style. He spoke on Ferguson and Travon Martin because the entire country was speaking about it. To expect Obama to ignore or remain quiet about a major national issue makes no sense whatsoever. People on this forum were talking about these issues before Obama made his statements, go figure. There are thousands of people killed by law enforcement, we decide which ones become part of the national conversation, not Obama. To say he refuses to call for calm is just a straight out ball faced lie. I could post many quotes from Obama calling for calm in these situations. Ironically he was calling for calm while video of the riots were playing in the background while I watched on CNN.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #13
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Charles Barkley today……...

"We as black people, we have a lot of crooks. We can't just wait until something like (the Brown shooting) happens. We have to look at ourselves in the mirror," he said of people in black communities. "There is a reason that they racially profile us in the way they do. Sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes it is right."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/02/us/cha...rkley-on-race/
The Jet responds quite eloquently to Sir Charles

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/kenn...tter-exclusive
Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #14
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism

Quote:
Howie, I'm a lot of things but vacuous ain't one of them. Nothing proves the validity of my reply better than your answer to it, “it would be no” there is nothing bad that isn't Obama's fault. Thanks for making my point so clear again.

Al Sharpton has been a prominent black civil rights activist for 5 decades Howie. Before Obama was POTUS, Sharpton was one of the first people you expected to hear from on a civil rights issue so he's been a leader in that field for a long time. The fact that he is so good at getting under your skin means he's good athis job as an activist Howie. To my knowledge he's never been convicted of a felony, so no I have no problem with Obama dealing with him.

No Howie, this one is Obama's fault and it is because the color of his skin and the reaction of conservative America to that color. Obviously we weren't ready for a Black POTUS, but maybe we never would have been until it happened. John Stewart played a great clip the other day mocking Fox news for blathering about the race card recently. Then he showed Fox news and a bunch of video of them crying about the plight of the white man after Obama's election playing the race card exactly the same for whites. The decline in race relations has been a backlash to a black POTUS in my opinion.

This President doesn’t show outrage Howie, not his style. He spoke on Ferguson and Travon Martin because the entire country was speaking about it. To expect Obama to ignore or remain quiet about a major national issue makes no sense whatsoever. People on this forum were talking about these issues before Obama made his statements, go figure. There are thousands of people killed by law enforcement, we decide which ones become part of the national conversation, not Obama. To say he refuses to call for calm is just a straight out ball faced lie. I could post many quotes from Obama calling for calm in these situations. Ironically he was calling for calm while video of the riots were playing in the background while I watched on CNN.
Quote:
Is there ANYTHING bad that happens that's not Obama's fault?
Bob,

What?……… I didn’t say YOU were vacuous… but your answer certainly was. On the other hand, my answer was tongue in check as your question was absurd and vacuous.

I guess you choose not read about any of Rev Al’s, shenanigans and how he has stayed just outside of the law. If you can’t see that he’s always been a professional race baiter and shakedown artist, I just don’t know what to say other than your liberalism just amazes me. Why would any president want to associate with this character?

Maybe you’re right in your opinion that the decline in race relations has been a backlash to a black POTUS. Obama has failed to help the black communities and that minority also accounts for his dramatic fall in approval ratings. So all the people who fell in love with this fella because he was going to be the first black president, now are his backlash problem because he is black????? Something has changed their minds and it’s certainly not Bush’s fault.

The tragic reality among African Americans who are in urgent need of helpful solutions rather than having their leaders exploiting their plight for votes. Between eight and nine thousand African Americans are murdered every year in America -- and not by whites and not due to racism. Over 90% of these murders were perpetrated by other African Americans and no mention of that by this White House… Maybe you can find a news source that refutes my statement.

Anyway, keep up the good progressive fight!

Old 12-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #15
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

Quote:
The Jet responds quite eloquently to Sir Charles

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/kenn...tter-exclusive
Stephen A Smith comments also

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/step...harles-barkley

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #16
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmTerry View Post
I like his comments, but he's wrong about Barkley. Smith didn't say Barkley shouldn't talk or have an opinion.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #17
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Old 12-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #18
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Bob,

What?……… I didn’t say YOU were vacuous… but your answer certainly was. On the other hand, my answer was tongue in check as your question was absurd and vacuous.

I guess you choose not read about any of Rev Al’s, shenanigans and how he has stayed just outside of the law. If you can’t see that he’s always been a professional race baiter and shakedown artist, I just don’t know what to say other than your liberalism just amazes me. Why would any president want to associate with this character?

Maybe you’re right in your opinion that the decline in race relations has been a backlash to a black POTUS. Obama has failed to help the black communities and that minority also accounts for his dramatic fall in approval ratings. So all the people who fell in love with this fella because he was going to be the first black president, now are his backlash problem because he is black????? Something has changed their minds and it’s certainly not Bush’s fault.

The tragic reality among African Americans who are in urgent need of helpful solutions rather than having their leaders exploiting their plight for votes. Between eight and nine thousand African Americans are murdered every year in America -- and not by whites and not due to racism. Over 90% of these murders were perpetrated by other African Americans and no mention of that by this White House… Maybe you can find a news source that refutes my statement.

Anyway, keep up the good progressive fight!

Yeah Howie and my original question was not tongue and cheek

Are you arguing that Sharpton is not one of if not the best known black civil rights activist in the country? If not then you have your answer as to why Obama deals with him.

Howie, the rate of white on white murder in poor neighborhoods is the same. Again, it's a socioeconomic problem, not a race problem. People kill people in their own tribes, black or white because that's who they are surrounded by.

Just do a little experiment in your head with me. Lets take Mitt Romney's newborn son and give him to a family in the gang banging projects. Then we'll take the newborn son of a notorious murdering gangbanger and give him to a millionaire white family on Balboa Island. Which child do you think is more likely to commit violent crime in his lifetime. My guess is Romney's blood son is more likely than his adopted son to be a violent thug in that scenario 95 out of 100 times.

We do have a pretty serious implicit racial problem in this country. Just look at the facebook posts about the protesters. How many people ever mentioned a job application as a great way to disperse protester's assuming they are all unemployed bums? How come we never saw a single thing like that about the Bundy protesters?? Why is it ok for Bundy protester's to point loaded AR15's at law enforcement but even peaceful protest is derided when blacks do it?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #19
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
Wow, whites are 2 1/2 times more likely to be killed by police! Of course there are 5 times as many whites as blacks so actually blacks are far more likely per capita to be killed by police. If your trying to say through pretty pictures that cops treat blacks and whites equally you might want to pull your head out of your ass for a better view....
Old 12-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #20
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
If your trying to say through pretty pictures that cops treat blacks and whites equally you might want to pull your head out of your ass for a better view....