Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > Toy Haul'n Hooligans (R)

Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

My attitude 30ft tag was 34ft tongue to tail. Never a lick of sway but would get a little rough in the truck if weight distribution was not set up right. Towed it once without weight dist to go a few miles to dump and back to camp. It was a motherfucker in the truck.

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

diirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortal

Our truck never had an issue handing the weight loaded or empty. Nor did it seem to make a difference on how the weight was distributed or if the tanks were full. I pretty much towed it full up every time. Once the hitch and truck are dialed in, barring any issues with the trailer, it should be smooth sailing. But I can't stress this enough, getting the hitch adjusted correctly is critical in getting everything to work smoothly.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #13
lacofdfireman
Brother Hooligan
Hooligan

lacofdfireman is on the road to Hooliganism

Eric and the rest of you Hooligans. I think we have decided to pull a 5th wheel. Main reason is our kids are getting to big to ride in the truck and they can ride in the 5th wheel. I don't think they can legally ride in a bumper pull trailer. Is this right? We will most likely have to buy something under 34ft to pull with the truck I bought. Anyone know if I can use a gooseneck and still put my kids back there? Or does it have to be an actual 5th wheel hitch?

Photo of my truck so you can see what I have to work with..

The truck needs tires so any idea what to put on?
lacofdfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:48 AM   #14
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

I hope you're not serious
Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #15
jackxclan
HeavyHaulnHooligan
Hooligan

jackxclan has quite a few friendsjackxclan has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacofdfireman View Post
Eric and the rest of you Hooligans. I think we have decided to pull a 5th wheel. Main reason is our kids are getting to big to ride in the truck and they can ride in the 5th wheel. I don't think they can legally ride in a bumper pull trailer. Is this right? We will most likely have to buy something under 34ft to pull with the truck I bought. Anyone know if I can use a gooseneck and still put my kids back there? Or does it have to be an actual 5th wheel hitch?

Photo of my truck so you can see what I have to work with..

The truck needs tires so any idea what to put on?
Gooseneck will pull the hitch off the trailer. As long as you have radio's you can ride in a 5th wheel dont know about gooseneck question but I know the hitch on a toy hauler isnt made for them.
jackxclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #16
DirtyRat
Strabo & Glazangel
Hooligan

DirtyRat is an unknown around here

I dont even let the dog ride in the 5ver, i would never let kids do it, its just not safe regardless if we have an intercom or radios.....Hauler is insured, kids cant be replaced.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #17
lacofdfireman
Brother Hooligan
Hooligan

Wow Hooligans how can you guys even get off the couch without being worried about being ran over and sucked in by a vacuum? It's not any more dangerous than riding in a motorhome. I rode in a 5th wheel on a daily basis at work for a couple of years and loved it. We could have actually rode in the cab of the tractor but we preferred the trailer. And not this trailer is not built any stronger than a toyhauler. We were constantly having stress crack issues with the trailer and sagging problems due to trailer being overloaded. I use to put my kids in the back of our 38ft Rampage 5th wheel for long trips. They loved it. Sorry I just don't have the attitude that you have to wake up every day wondering if you are gonna die. If this was the case I definitely would never ride my motorcycle..

Sorry for the rant. I know everyone has different comfort levels..

Also I had a gooseneck adapter on my Rampage and loved it. Will most likely do it on whatever 5th wheel I end up with also.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
DirtyRat
Strabo & Glazangel
Hooligan

Just my opinion Lacfd......But do you have seatbelts for the kids in the hauler, if so how do you set that up, im curious.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #19
lacofdfireman
Brother Hooligan
Hooligan

No seatbelts. We made them hang out up on the bed in the front of the trailer. Wife was always back there with them sleeping or whatever. Never really had them seat belted in our Motorhome either unless they were in the passenger seat. I bet there are alot more people killed in ATV accidents then there ever will be in an RV accident. I will still let my kids ride ATV's. Call me crazy or whatever you want, I just do see what the fuss is all about. If I was that worried about them I would just leave them home.. lol...
Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #20
DirtyRat
Strabo & Glazangel
Hooligan

I dunno brother, maybe i worry too much. I did notice that you dont have a crewcab truck, just an extended cab. Makes it way tough to carry your family secured with you in the truck comfortably, maybe thats the problem besides i dont think that truck is capable of towing the rig you have in mind safely with or without your family in the hauler, besides its fun to have your wife and kids with you on the drive to wherever....