Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 04-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #21
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
Roger.... We 're sitting by the camp fire at Alabama Hills. 3/4 of our group are progressives and us conservatives are in the minority. Interesting, everyone here wants a "new guy"
Hey Howie, Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I can tell you, with confident certainty, that they will get one in a couple of years!

I am pleased that you labeled the non-conservatives as progressives. Most conservatives think if you don't follow Limbaugh, Beck or Hannity that you're a bleeding heart liberal. That just isn't the case.

Last edited by RagenR&B; 04-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz View Post
I'm in the employment business so I'd like to "think" that I have a pretty good handle on what is happening. There is a huge disincentive for employers to hire because of the uncertainty of Obamacare (I hear it every day), the proposed increases in minimum wage, etc and an unfriendly business climate. I had the option of going to a full day Obamacare seminar and I said what's the point? At the end of the day the speaker is going to say that's what we know right now, the rules still haven't been written! 3 years later and the rules for staffing companies who employ millions of American workers are still not in place! How can my clients invest in expansion if they don't know what their labor costs are going to be?? How can I open new offices and look at valuing mergers/acquisitions when I have no idea what Obamacare is going to cost me? I can't. They put off the employer mandate until Jan 1st, 2015 because they want the other portions of the law to go into effect and people to get dependent on subsidized plans before they drop the bomb. It's just another
disincentive for people to go to work. They are becoming more and more dependent on the government system to keep them at poverty level to keep getting their free benefits. You only get subsidies under Obamacare at a lower income. The lower the better as a matter of fact. If you want to make more money you will to offset that with the benefits you will lose. Same goes with unemployment, welfare, etc etc. Make more money lose your benefits. I don't need to quote the stats. The government is keeping poor people poor.

Outsourcing is certainly a factor, but not as much as you would think. Foreign companies like Toyota (one of our bigger clients) BMW, Nissan and Volkswagen are making cars in America and employing tens of thousands of American workers. But where are they doing it? In employer-friendly right to work states i.e the Southeast. The business climate dictates the extent to which companies outsource. Remington has been making ammunition in New York for 150 years. But they are moving their plant and 5,000 workers to Huntsville Alabama because of the business climate.

I'm tired of the blame game. Why can't we focus on what we agree on? Everybody needs access to affordable healthcare. We all pay for it either way. But you can't stick all the responsibility on the job creators in the economy and then make up rules as you go and even worse don't make any rules so nobody knows what the hell is going on. Put aside the partisanship and come up with something that works that doesn't put all the burden on employers. I'd be fine with a matching tax at this point. Like FICA. Easy to calculate, I can pass it through. Easy. That's how canada does it.

Rant over
Ah intelligent debate, how nice!! You make some good points, but I just can't get behind them. So what your telling us is there is demand out there not being met because of business uncertainty and lousy business environment? I have some experience too, even unique in that I have been intimately involved in both the public and private sectors. I believe companies hire for one reason and one reason only, the demand of sales or the anticipated demand of sales. It's as simple as supply and demand. Nobody is hiring anybody because it's a friendly business environment, they may move geographically to friendlier business environs, but they aren't creating jobs because of it. They are creating jobs because they anticipate selling those cars, supply and demand. What we need to do is put more money in workers pockets creating more expendabe wealth and more demand. There is a very simple solution to the health care issue, it's called single payer. Jeez, if we only had a system in place we could use, oh I don't know like something already being used on a national level that the participants seem very happy with?
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #23
2BH
Carefully disguised as a responsible adult
Hooligan

2BH is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
Ah intelligent debate, how nice!! You make some good points, but I just can't get behind them. So what your telling us is there is demand out there not being met because of business uncertainty and lousy business environment? I have some experience too, even unique in that I have been intimately involved in both the public and private sectors. I believe companies hire for one reason and one reason only, the demand of sales or the anticipated demand of sales. It's as simple as supply and demand. Nobody is hiring anybody because it's a friendly business environment, they may move geographically to friendlier business environs, but they aren't creating jobs because of it. They are creating jobs because they anticipate selling those cars, supply and demand. What we need to do is put more money in workers pockets creating more expendabe wealth and more demand. There is a very simple solution to the health care issue, it's called single payer. Jeez, if we only had a system in place we could use, oh I don't know like something already being used on a national level that the participants seem very happy with?
... lost my post, thank you very much, drive thru please...
Old 04-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #24
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BH View Post
... lost my post, thank you very much, drive thru please...
Don't bogart tha joint my friend
Old 04-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #25
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

You make investments in infrastructure, sales/marketing and in my case footprint/office locations to create the demand for sales. The easy expansion for me would be Socal. I could stop flying every week. But I won't spend my money on expansion in California because of the workers comp. Just as an example.
But my point is more about why I think Obamacare is a disaster and what happened to the workforce in the last 6-7 years.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #26
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz View Post
You make investments in infrastructure, sales/marketing and in my case footprint/office locations to create the demand for sales. The easy expansion for me would be Socal. I could stop flying every week. But I won't spend my money on expansion in California because of the workers comp. Just as an example.
But my point is more about why I think Obamacare is a disaster and what happened to the workforce in the last 6-7 years.
Your example is an investment anticipating demand. People don't create jobs for the sake of creating jobs. What happened to our workforce in the last 6 or 7 years is another perfect example. It has everything to do with 9 million jobs lost in the great recession and the disposable income (demand) lost with those jobs. Yes there are examples of a philanthropist creating something for the greater good and jobs resulting from it, but we're talking about the big percentages, not isolated examples. The big picture is all about supply and demand and the gamble to make a buck.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:12 AM   #27
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

i dont agree with any of you

Last week I was worried about getting laid-off This week Im working 12 hour shifts.........

Fuck Obama
Old 04-24-2014, 04:02 AM   #28
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post

Last week I was worried about getting laid-off This week Im working 12 hour shifts.........

Fuck Obama
Damn Jeffy. I couldnt imagine not knowing if I would be called in to work from one week to the next. Ive been working Sundays these last few weeks just to help out because we dont have any other drivers willing to do the In N Out load and the one driver who does do it he already was working 7 days a week. So I cover Sunday to give him a day off. You small bizz guys must have your plates full trying to figure how to keep people working and keeping the doors open.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #29
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Yeah your probably right then....
Old 04-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #30
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:

Very quantitative... Your data driven analysis is unparalleled!

That's like saying because you're gay (not judging) everyone's gay.

Last edited by RagenR&B; 04-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote