Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #51
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

It's not

So we keep talking in circles
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 PM   #52
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buford View Post
OK lets ask the same question from the backside... if takers outnumber the folks out earning a living 1.7 to 1 who is controlling the vote? You love to say vote for change, how is that possible?

Havent you been you following the other post? All laws are there because we want them. Your just suppose to sit back with a warm fuzzy feeling and accept it.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #53
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Buford View Post
OK lets ask the same question from the backside... if takers outnumber the folks out earning a living 1.7 to 1 who is controlling the vote? You love to say vote for change, how is that possible?
Mark, first off try and take in to context your 1.7 to 1 number. Over 90% of .gov entitlement spending goes to Elderly, disabled or working families, not unemployed welfare queens. The unemployment rate is 6.7 %, I mean how many moochers can that leave even if you include those who quit looking for work? It used to be that if you had a pre existing condition, your health insurance provider could drop you like a rock. How did that change? We voted for it to change. It used to be that your wifes boss could slap her in the ass while telling her to get him a cup of coffee with no repercussions, how did that change? We voted for it to change. It's possible because that's how our country is designed to work.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #54
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

6.7 is NOT the number. Thats the number of people who "are looking for work". People who dropped out of tbe workforce and not looking anymore, is at least doubled.

The number people should be looking at is the 48% who pay no federal income taxes. Or the 49 million who are currenlty on gov welfare of some kind. Yes a huge majority are elderly and the disabled. But how do we get those who are on it just to be on it out of thinking its owed to them. Whatever that percentage is, there shouldnt be a stat for that. Government has been an enabler for far to many for far to long. I would rather put tax money in fixing the education system or the homeless vets
Old 04-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #55
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin cal sd View Post
6.7 is NOT the number. Thats the number of people who "are looking for work". People who dropped out of tbe workforce and not looking anymore, is at least doubled.

The number people should be looking at is the 48% who pay no federal income taxes. Or the 49 million who are currenlty on gov welfare of some kind. Yes a huge majority are elderly and the disabled. But how do we get those who are on it just to be on it out of thinking its owed to them. Whatever that percentage is, there shouldnt be a stat for that. Government has been an enabler for far to many for far to long. I would rather put tax money in fixing the education system or the homeless vets
That's why I said "include those who quit looking for work"....

I agree with you, Government has been an enabler for far too many for far too long. I just don't agree it's poor people who are taking all the enabler dollars or even the majority them. GE alone spends 10's of millions of dollars on tax lobbyist. At least poor people are poor, it's not like it's raining money on them.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #56
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

Damn, i was ready to battle with you and I misread that line.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:54 AM   #57
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
That's why I said "include those who quit looking for work"....

I agree with you, Government has been an enabler for far too many for far too long. I just don't agree it's poor people who are taking all the enabler dollars or even the majority them. GE alone spends 10's of millions of dollars on tax lobbyist. At least poor people are poor, it's not like it's raining money on them.
Yep.... X2 Bro! Nothin' new though.
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #58
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach
Default Where Have All the U.S. Workers Gone?

Any time you look at the state of the economy based on unemployment numbers remember that the official u3 number leaves out those that gave up the search and includes those working as little as an hour a week that want a full time job. The U6 unemployment number counts these people. Take a look at this graph below from the BLS:

There is some improvement over the last couple years but we are still 50% higher then pre-recession and much higher then this figure has been historically. For the most part this is a jobless recovery. And there are plenty of people, much higher then it has been historically, that want to work and can't find jobs!
Old 04-28-2014, 12:57 AM   #59
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

http://pando.com/2014/04/27/breaking...riendly-texas/
Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #60
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/04/23...lden-gate-park