Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 05-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #21
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...ating/8449253/

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll gives President Obama an approval rating of only 41%, the lowest mark of his tenure in this survey.

That's down from the 46% approval rating Obama had for the first three months of 2014, according to the poll.

The numbers bode ill for Democrats in the November elections, as the party fights to keep control of the Senate.

From the Washington Post:

"Just 42% approve of his handling of the economy, 37% approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34% approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

"Obama's low rating could be a significant drag on Democratic candidates this fall -- past elections suggest that when approval ratings are as low as Obama's, the president's party is almost certain to suffer at the ballot box in November."

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmTerry View Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...ating/8449253/

A new Washington Post-ABC News poll gives President Obama an approval rating of only 41%, the lowest mark of his tenure in this survey.

That's down from the 46% approval rating Obama had for the first three months of 2014, according to the poll.

The numbers bode ill for Democrats in the November elections, as the party fights to keep control of the Senate.

From the Washington Post:

"Just 42% approve of his handling of the economy, 37% approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34% approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

"Obama's low rating could be a significant drag on Democratic candidates this fall -- past elections suggest that when approval ratings are as low as Obama's, the president's party is almost certain to suffer at the ballot box in November."
I love that I'm so into your pea brain you permanently keep me in your signature
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #23
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
I love that I'm so into your pea brain you permanently keep me in your signature
I did a 2 second search to prove you are full of shit and you come back with this?

Talking about a small brain.

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmTerry View Post
I did a 2 second search to prove you are full of shit and you come back with this?

Talking about a small brain.
The only mistake I made in this thread was saying Obama rated in the low 40's on the Ukraine issue and apparently it was 34%. The jist of my point is the same and correct, they approve by a majority each measure he's used in the Ukraine issue, yet only 34% agreed on how he's handling it on a whole.

Congrats you really out smarted me again!!
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #25
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

Ummmmm the poll is asking Americans how we think the world views Obama? are we not we asking the same people who elected him???
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:01 AM   #26
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

From the UK http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...george-w-bush/

Survey from 2012

http://www.pewglobal.org/2012/06/13/...icies-faulted/
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #27
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
Ummmmm the poll is asking Americans how we think the world views Obama? are we not we asking the same people who elected him???
No, the poll I posted was taken outside the US.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #28
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

The author of your first link is a political hack. Check the titles of almost every story he's written, it rips Obama or some other democrat. He;s using Bush's policies on Iraq as an example?? You know the war he and Cheney tricked us into that cost the lives of 4,486 U.S. soldiers, for what? We also spent a trillion dollars on it. My point is Obama's world view numbers are consistently better than Bush's number, that equals an improvement for those more math challenged.

From your second link and to my point.

While confidence in Obama has slipped, in many of the countries surveyed, people continue to express confidence in President Obama’s foreign policy leadership. In particular, he still gets extremely high ratings in much of Europe. More than seven-in-ten in Germany, France, Britain, the Czech Republic and Italy express confidence that Obama will do the right thing in world affairs. Big majorities in Japan and Brazil also hold this view.

There is little support for Obama, however, in the predominantly Muslim nations surveyed. Fewer than three-in-ten express confidence in him in Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey and Jordan. And roughly a year after he ordered the Abbottabad raid that killed Osama bin Laden, just 7% of Pakistanis have a positive view of Obama, the same percentage that voiced confidence in President George W. Bush during the final year of his administration.

Outside of Pakistan, however, Obama consistently receives higher ratings than Bush did in 2008. This is particularly true in Western Europe and Japan, but it is also true in several predominantly Muslim nations where Obama’s ratings – while not especially high – are nonetheless more positive than his predecessor’s.