Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > Hooli Health

Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
toolio
Let'z Ride Boyz!!
Hooligan

toolio guards the Holy Grailtoolio guards the Holy Grailtoolio guards the Holy Grail
Default Hooli Down

As many of you L.A and OC Hooli’s know, Lynne & I have been a bit scarce on the dez trips since Halloween of last year, when my employer folded, after having been in business for better than 40 years. The Governator doesn’t pay all that well, so we’ve been forced to lay low. Add to that, a serious injury to my left leg, late in January, that has impeded the job search even further. After 3-4 weeks of home therapy, with no relief, it was time to reach out to the medical community. X-rays came first, then an MRI, and CT scan with highlights ( a radio active dye solution). We were now into mid-April, and the doctor, and hospital I had been dealing with were sandbagging, and lying to us, so I took my issues elsewhere, thanks in part to Mark & Vickie Checkel. FINALLY we found a Dr. that takes his profession seriously. Lynne had gone in for an initial visit, and the conversation turned to the problems I had been having with this other Dr, and he offered to view all my CD’s of the scans, as well as the radiologist’s review’s to offer a second opinion. That was on a Friday, and on the following Sunday night, at 10PM, he called and wanted to see me in his office the following day. Once in his examining room, himself, and 5 other assistants, “looked me over”, took blood pressure, blood and urine samples. The Dr. got on his cell phone and called a Co. next door and demanded a PETscan ASAP. Two days later, and the scan clinic, I was prepared for yet another test, when I was informed that the Blue Cross folks needed to “Pre-approve” the procedure, which added another 10-12 days to the wait. The day after, the PET was completed, again, this DR. called us late at night, and wanted us both in his office the next day. Once informed of the results, this same Dr. again got on his cell phone and demanded that another Dr. see me ASAP, and week from that date was not acceptable.
So this afternoon, Lynne, Jason (or son), and I will be in an Oncologists office to discuss options for Cancer therapy. The PETscan revealing, a golf ball sized mass in my left kidney, and cancer cells that have attached to my injured left leg tibia bone. We had to be very careful, whom we informed of the diagnosis, given the speed in which mass media gets the word passed along. We absolutely did not want family and close friends finding out, before we ever had a chance to inform them face to face.
We are confident, that this condition has been diagnosed early enough, to be successfully treated. So, if we are not in attendance at future camping events, we hope all of you will understand, and I promise we will be back soon.
Toolio.
'53 Wife (Lynne)
Sand Sprite 4, 2.3L Fuel Injected Sand Rail
'91 Toyota 4X4 PU.
'11 Black Lab "Lucy"

Last edited by toolio; 06-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Let us know if you need anything Gary
jws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Big Buford
Hooligan King
Hooligan

Big Buford shares all your toys

Lots of love and prayers sent for a speedy recovery!!!! Were around the corner if you need ANYTHING!

Big minds talk about ideas..small minds talk about people.

Big Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

Good luck Toolio, Hope to see you back in the desert soon.

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
CHAIN_DOGG
Team "Think Pink "
Hooligan

CHAIN_DOGG has quite a few friendsCHAIN_DOGG has quite a few friends

Like Mark said........Were right around the corner if need anything. Wishes for a Speedy Recovery !
CHAIN_DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism

Gary,

I'm a 15 year cancer survivor and please feel free to call me if you have any questions. The best thing you can do for yourself is do your own homework on treatment options before you see the docs. Consider going to a medical center of excellence in your area that studies and treats your type of cancer, such as the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. They will have the best equipment and most up to date treatment options available.

Here are some websites with questions that you can ask your physicians as you begin your journey.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/kidney...ur-doctor.aspx
http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/KidneyC...ng-with-doctor
http://www.healthcommunities.com/kid...k-doctor.shtml

Call me anytime.... 831-688-0423

Howie
Old 06-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
lq9hd
I'm American as Egg Foo Young
Hooligan

lq9hd would be a good choice to suckup tolq9hd would be a good choice to suckup tolq9hd would be a good choice to suckup tolq9hd would be a good choice to suckup to

Prayers inbound Gary! Let us know if you need anything.
lq9hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #8
Coribdx
I bounce really well..
HooliGIRL+Hooligan

Coribdx is just really nice

Our best thoughts and good wishes for a speedy recovery sent your way. We are also right around the corner if you need anything.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Gary love and thoughts from Carrie and I. We may not be right around the corner but if there is anything we can do to help please let us know!

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
jaybo
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Hooligan

jaybo is just really nice

Gary,
Thoughts and prayers from me and Laura.
jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote