Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 10-31-2008, 08:55 PM   #71
Coribdx
I bounce really well..
HooliGIRL+Hooligan

Coribdx is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
I used to be a homophobe, but a few life experiences changed that...

1) I watched a young family friend grow up from birth to his current age of 22. We knew/thought he was gay when he was a small child, he just had all the flaming mannerisms from the very beginning. He got married to his gay partner several weeks ago. His father and 2 brothers are as heterosexual as they come. I believe 100% He didn't CHOOSE homosexuality, he was wired that way from the beginning.

2) I once had a job while I was a homophobe and somehow everybody that worked at this place was an asshole except one "gal" that rode a bike to work like I did. I became friendly with Ross as "she" was the only person around with a sense of humor and an intellect somewhere beyond Neanderthal. Turns out Ross was a guy, a gay guy. Ross was cool, that was a moment of enlightenment for me like few others..

3) Half the people I currently work with are gay. Some of them are really cool, some of them are real assholes, most are somewhere in between.

Maybe some people choose to be gay, if so I'm ok with it. What about those who don't "choose" to be that way? Homosexuality disgusts me, but so does sushi and I have nothing against those that enjoy sushi. Live and let live...
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 PM   #72
skyjammer0
Thrillcraft Using Asshole
Hooligan

skyjammer0 guards the Holy Grailskyjammer0 guards the Holy Grailskyjammer0 guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Where is the victim in homosexualty Sky? See the difference any clearer now?
No, don't get me wrong Bob. That is just one of the arguments thrown out there by the stupid people. Notice that I stated that I did not believe that, but it is an argument that some idiots use.

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"

Kevlar: I think a little more finesse and he would've been fine. He was slamming it pretty hard. The width wasnt really a problem at all.
skyjammer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 PM   #73
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
That's just it- Society is the victim as well as marriage between a man and a woman. Some things are worth separating and celebrating because they are every thing that matters. Marriage between a man and a woman is one of those things.

Why dumb down and attack things so that everyone can be included? Marriage is a privileged and not a right!
Yeah yeah, some people believe that there was once a man named Noah, who gathered two of every species on earth and took them on a boat ride while the rest of the world flooded. Ridiculous? maybe, but people have a right to believe whatever they want in this country. Doesn't make them wrong or right, just means they have different beliefs, That's the beauty of freedom and democracy... Besides, marraige is just a word, loosely translated it means your sex life is over, but I regress!! Getting married in court is the legal registration of matrimony, getting married in church is just a ritual registration that happens to be honored by the legal system. Some of the best relationships I've seen are between a man and a women who elect to do everything except register their relationship with the court or church, go figure.

Last edited by QH; 10-31-2008 at 09:08 PM.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:06 PM   #74
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjammer0 View Post
No, don't get me wrong Bob. That is just one of the arguments thrown out there by the stupid people. Notice that I stated that I did not believe that, but it is an argument that some idiots use.
Roger that Sky... I read it correctly the first time, my comment was rhetorical and not aimed at you in particular.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 PM   #75
skyjammer0
Thrillcraft Using Asshole
Hooligan

skyjammer0 guards the Holy Grailskyjammer0 guards the Holy Grailskyjammer0 guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Roger that Sky... I read it correctly the first time, my comment was rhetorical and not aimed at you in particular.
Stop using big people words!

The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"

Kevlar: I think a little more finesse and he would've been fine. He was slamming it pretty hard. The width wasnt really a problem at all.
skyjammer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #76
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjammer0 View Post
Stop using big people words!

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:30 PM   #77
FLYBOY
I gotta get a fuck'n life
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

FLYBOY has quite a few friendsFLYBOY has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
so then you would be for testing applicants for a marriage license? Since it is not for everyone and it does require a license....maybe only those who can answer specific questions "correctly" should be allowed to marry....

Are you gay?
Have you ever had premarital sex?
If you take home a pencil from work, is it stealing?
Have you ever uttered God's name in vain?

After all, it is about morals, right?????
I am not at all sure what your point was but don't assume anything or you just look like the first three letters of the word.
Do I think morality comes into play with regards to marriage or gay sex- you bet your life. However, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes. That's between them and their maker!
What I do have an interest in is protecting the sanctity of the institution.
You see- and this might be old fashioned- I would like marriage to be as special for my children and their children as it is for me. So naturally I want to protect it.
FLYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:32 PM   #78
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

I think gays should be like the swingers. I have friends and neighbors that swing and I guess that works for them. They don't talk about it and I sure as hell don't want to explain to my kids what they do. They understand that. No bumper stickers, no trying to make polygamy legal, etc. They keep it between themselves and in the bedroom because it is not mainstream.

By the way, show me "seperation of church and state" in our constitution! It's a quote from Thomas Jefferson. His point being that there should not be a state church. They never intended to keep God out of government, that's why God is mentioned in every major document they wrote and on our money,etc.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #79
Hockymom63
Hooligan King
HooliGIRL

Hockymom63 is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to Hockymom63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOY View Post
I am not at all sure what your point was but don't assume anything or you just look like the first three letters of the word.
Do I think morality comes into play with regards to marriage or gay sex- you bet your life. However, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes. That's between them and their maker!
What I do have an interest in is protecting the sanctity of the institution.
You see- and this might be old fashioned- I would like marriage to be as special for my children and their children as it is for me. So naturally I want to protect it.

HooliGirls-1
Security-0

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
Hockymom63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #80
TheViking
Hooligan- Az Chapter President
Hooligan

TheViking has quite a few friendsTheViking has quite a few friends

Funny thing about this discussion, and how some of us are against Gays, Gay Marriage, or whatever, we do so on a website that roughly 80 percent of the threads turn..........wait for it...........GAY! WTF?

Time flies when you're having Rum!
TheViking is offline   Reply With Quote