Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Save our lands!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
Nayther
I gotta get a fuck'n life
Hooligan

Nayther is an unknown around here
Default Emails to blm

Some of this may seem out of context as the original message was sent out to District 37 members but if you open the attachment you'll see the area in pink I refer to. It is the southernmost portion of the Red Mountain open area east of Trona Rd. I'm sure most of you that have been to the rallies know where this is and we've all been treating it as open area but it really is limited use from the base of the sand hills to the Golden Wilderness. Please copy and paste and email to BLM even if you don't know where it is, we NEED more open riding don't we?

Please follow through with sending comments to the BLM. Imagine getting MORE land and not just defending what we have!

Here’s a bit more info. on our mission to get more land in Red Mountain. I’ve attached a highlighted map showing the area we’re trying to get annexed into the “open area”. We commonly refer to these as the “sand hills” and BLM recognizes them as that. I was always under the impression that the open area extended south to the border of the Golden Wilderness but it actually ends at the base of the sand hills and the “C routes” were cherry stemmed through the limited use area for our competition use (most are pretty hammered though). This is actually part of the Collaborative Access Planning Area (CAPA) study that was set aside during the last WEMO process in 1980ish. The mandate was to resolve this area, and others adjacent to that but it was never done so the court order has dictated that this be resolved but it will be outside the current WEMO route designation process. I hope this helps everyone understand it better, I’m still not 100% but I think this is close. Jim Wilson possibly can clarify if I misspoke on anything.
This all as background to the following email I would like your members to copy/paste, along with the attachment and send to BLM: cawemopa@blm.gov

I encourage BLM to address the resolution of the Collaborative Access Planning Area (CAPA) in the greater Red Mountain/El Paso regions. Furthermore we ask that the “sand hills”, as shown highlighted in pink on the attached map, on the southerly border of the Red Mountain Open area be annexed into this open area. There is a natural border to the south of this area via the dirt road north of the Golden Wilderness and should be easily managed.
This area is currently crisscrossed with competition or “C” routes and is largely treated as “open” by most casual users and is extremely difficult to police for off-route travel. In addition there is no benefit to leaving this area as “limited Use”. In addition this would allow for use of this area for competition and offers numerous opportunities for fun and meaningful routes for same.
Thank you for considering my request
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 201211291150.pdf (374.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Nayther; 11-29-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

Thanks Nayther...Done

I also sent it to essehafe@blm.gov WEMO project Manager and cbeck@blm.gov Asst. Manager

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

my e-mail to Hafe got bounced back twice but I got an e-mail from Beck thanking me for my response.

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Nayther
Hooligan

who's Hafe? is that Carl, the new director of Ridgecrest? Craig Beck is a GREAT guy, I've dealt with him enough that he knows me now, always a pleasant exchange and I really think he's on our side.

Thanks Terry.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Will work on this tonight

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayther View Post
who's Hafe? is that Carl, the new director of Ridgecrest? Craig Beck is a GREAT guy, I've dealt with him enough that he knows me now, always a pleasant exchange and I really think he's on our side.

Thanks Terry.

Edy Seehafer WEMO project manager BLM Barstow office

Thomas Jefferson

MLK
Old 12-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
Nayther
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmTerry View Post
Edy Seehafer WEMO project manager BLM Barstow office
Didn't know Eddy's last name, Thanks. Have you met the new chief Carl? Seems like a nice enough guy, his wife is head of the Barstow office.