Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 02-26-2015, 06:18 PM   #21
2BH
Carefully disguised as a responsible adult
Hooligan

2BH is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
I'll take that offer.
or a salad bar lunch
Old 02-26-2015, 06:23 PM   #22
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BH View Post
or a salad bar lunch
Probably less fat and calories in a burger than most salad bars!
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #23
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

I think a fair and balanced review.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/26/tech...ity/index.html
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #24
2BH
Carefully disguised as a responsible adult
Hooligan

2BH is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
Probably less fat and calories in a burger than most salad bars!
Where Bob and I go.. You betcha!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #25
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

Quote:
I agree that the word "little" can be a bit ambiguous. I personally like having our highways "regulated" somewhat so they don't become like scenes from "The Road Warrior." When the interest of the public bleeds into the equation our system of democracy makes it incumbent upon our elected officials to create balance. Do they do a perfect job? The analogy of pregnancy and Internet regulation just doesn't work in this case. Also, I rarely use the word "ensure." I live in a much more gray world than that.
Well since you brought up the highway arguement, kinda.

Lets change the bandwidth to HOV lanes. And change big money paying for better access to those people having fast trak. The people paying to use the HOV lanes are paying the governement to use a special lane so they can commute faster to and from work. While others already payed for those exact lanes, they are stuck using the regular highway lanes.

So with the logic of Bob and Roger. We should get rid of special lanes on the highway, correct? Even though the commuter is paying for it themselves with the fee of fast trak.

most people do not need regulation to live day to day in our society. Common sense has become extinct since the nanny state and progressives start nudging low informed people whats right for them.

So exactly what is wrong with a company paying more to have better access if the provider can supply the bandwidth?

Last edited by sin cal hd; 02-26-2015 at 10:21 PM.
sin cal hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:51 AM   #26
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
The Internet was created with tax dollars. A little regulation to make sure everyone can have equal access is fine with me.
Thats what we need is more regulations......
Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 AM   #27
sin cal hd
Hooligan

Well it passed.....
Old 02-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #28
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin cal hd View Post
Well since you brought up the highway arguement, kinda.

Lets change the bandwidth to HOV lanes. And change big money paying for better access to those people having fast trak. The people paying to use the HOV lanes are paying the governement to use a special lane so they can commute faster to and from work. While others already payed for those exact lanes, they are stuck using the regular highway lanes.

So with the logic of Bob and Roger. We should get rid of special lanes on the highway, correct? Even though the commuter is paying for it themselves with the fee of fast trak.

most people do not need regulation to live day to day in our society. Common sense has become extinct since the nanny state and progressives start nudging low informed people whats right for them.

So exactly what is wrong with a company paying more to have better access if the provider can supply the bandwidth?
The difference with your HOV lane analogy is that we the people chose to have HOV lanes and allow people to drive in them for a fee. We can also take them down, I know you keep forgetting this but we are the government. Letting Verizon choose who gets what is a completely different animal. The government is for the greater good and Verizon is for the good of Verizon.

Most people do not need regulation to live day to day in our society, unfortunately some do. In your perfect world we'd all be logical law biding...WAIT! according to your logic, who needs laws right, people do not need regulation? right? Maybe you're too young to remember the smog in LA back in the 70's, what the fuck do you think it would look like now with no regulation? Seen China lately? I guess it would be great if you were in the breather mask business

I'll leave your low informed comment alone

What is wrong with a company paying more to have better access if the provider can supply the bandwidth is it creates an unequal playing field. How can a start up compete with Verizon dollars? Verizon didn't invent or own the internet and now we want to let their deep pockets decide who gets the best of it. It's too important to all of us and we should all control it, votes do matter.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #29
sin cal hd
Hooligan

HOV Lanes are not Free. You pay by either Fast trak or buy a vehicle that has a green sticker l and is eligible or have 2 or more passengers. The last one would be free-est. No one forgets WE are the government. However the gov has not been governing on our behalf as a majority. You are right with the government being for the people and Verizon being for Verizon. Just like Im sure you are for FUTV. But you seem a special breed so Im probably wrong.

Again you are right with LA. No I wasnt even born in the 70's. The pollution has more to do with public health as a whole no a luxuary like internet. No one is saying no regulation. Its no MORE regulation when laws are already on the books. Yes tweak them or adjust them but stop with the piling on and making buisness more difficult for even the smallest of buisnesses. No all regulation are equal across the board.

My logic is simple and maybe to right wing extreme for you. That is governement should obey the bill of rights and constituiton. Plain and simple.
Why should we control something we didnt invent? The internet is a luxury not a nesessecity.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #30
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin cal hd View Post
HOV Lanes are not Free. You pay by either Fast trak or buy a vehicle that has a green sticker l and is eligible or have 2 or more passengers. The last one would be free-est. No one forgets WE are the government. However the gov has not been governing on our behalf as a majority. You are right with the government being for the people and Verizon being for Verizon. Just like Im sure you are for FUTV. But you seem a special breed so Im probably wrong.

Again you are right with LA. No I wasnt even born in the 70's. The pollution has more to do with public health as a whole no a luxuary like internet. No one is saying no regulation. Its no MORE regulation when laws are already on the books. Yes tweak them or adjust them but stop with the piling on and making buisness more difficult for even the smallest of buisnesses. No all regulation are equal across the board.

My logic is simple and maybe to right wing extreme for you. That is governement should obey the bill of rights and constituiton. Plain and simple.
Why should we control something we didnt invent? The internet is a luxury not a nesessecity.
Saying the internet is a luxury in this day and age is simply idiotic. Unless of course you think nothing but food and water are a necessity. I'd say the fact that taking away the internet today would cause global financial collapse might make it more than just a luxury. You are a special breed though so you may see differently. ARPANET the backbone which is where the internet was born and Mosaic a graphical browser for the WWW were developed with our tax payer dollars, so yeah we do kinda have the right to control it.

I'm not a fan of regulation, but this is not a zero sum game. Sometimes regulation is a good thing. Drinking water is a good example, food that doesn't poison you another, smog in LA another and stopping the giant corps from selling priority on the internet based on their bottom line is another. Why the hell do you want Verizon et al to control it??????