Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 10-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #21
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

[QUOTE=QH;107033]I don't know where you got Friedens quote, but you left some important things out like why he thinks shutting off the African nations will just make it worse "Even if we tried to close the border, it wouldn't work,
Old 10-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #22
sin cal hd
Hooligan

Wth is wrong with the quotes?
Old 10-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #23
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism

Bob….. The interview was on your favorite news channel….. MSLSD. Watch and hear verbatum Frieden on the video. I didn’t leave anything out….. and you still did not answer my question.

Why the hell can’t we shut down the border as well as stop air traffic from infected countries?
We still could do our part in helping the African countries deal with Ebola.
As you might remember, when 9 11 happened all traffic was stopped.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...t-wouldnt-work
Old 10-05-2014, 01:49 AM   #24
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Again, I don't think you know how to read carefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin cal sd View Post
NRA is a powerful indeed. But so are unions and oil companies and green energy.
What does that have to do with the price in China? The article never said anything about unions and oil companies and green energy. It said the NRA exercised it's might it stopping the Murthy nomination. Nobody including the NRA is disputing that.

Quote:
They did write a strongly worded letter. But when do democrats cave to an opposing view.
What does that have to do with the price in China? The article pointed out that they wrote the letter. Again nobody including the NRA is disputing that.

Quote:
Rand Paul is in the minority of the senate. He as 1 individual cant hold up the whole nomination. It can be delayed but not stopped
He has the political power and backing to hold up the nomination by gathering his allies. That's what the article and many like it on conservative websites also give him credit for stopping the nomination. Both sides agree on this so the article wasn't off base saying it.

Quote:
Harry Reid at anytime can put forth the vote. He has done it ma y times on things Rep dont want.
Again, this is what the article is pointing out, Ried is sitting on it because of politics from both parties. Red state dems and Republicans. So once again the article was accurate.

Quote:
We do need the public to be educated on Eboli (as Obama said) to protect ourselve. We cant rely on a Gov to do that for us. Thats been proven once again with this guy coming in. Yes I know the Liberians let him get on the plane. But O did say it wont show up here.
And the Surgeon General should be the person to educate the public, that's his job, THAT is what the article is about. According to the security on the plane he boarded, he had no symptoms. The failure appears to be with the hospital in Dallas letting the patient go home after showing Ebola symptoms and knowing he was from Liberia. As far as Obama goes, he's not a doctor or a scientist and he said that our experts, here at the CDC and across our government, agree that the chances of an Ebola outbreak here in the United States are extremely low. But this has nothing to do with the article

Quote:
to think 1 guy in the minority senate or a strongly written letter is the cause for ebolA to be here. Even you or Ragen can see MSNBC is in fact a water holder for this admin. We all know Fox is the right of the aisle. The rest of the tv news network are so far in the tank for the left.
Who said that 1 guy and a written letter is the cause for ebola to be here ANYWHERE???? You should have read the article carefully The article does not say that at all. It says stopping the Surgeon General left us without the proper person to educate the public about Ebola and that makes the situation worse. I find it hard to argue with their point, I think it would be better to have the Surgeon general informing the public. That's the purpose for having a Surgeon General...
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:01 AM   #25
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
Bob….. The interview was on your favorite news channel….. MSLSD. Watch and hear verbatum Frieden on the video. I didn’t leave anything out….. and you still did not answer my question.

Why the hell can’t we shut down the border as well as stop air traffic from infected countries?
We still could do our part in helping the African countries deal with Ebola.
As you might remember, when 9 11 happened all traffic was stopped.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...t-wouldnt-work
Your quote

Quote:
Tom Frieden, the head of the Center for Disease Control, has been filling in for part of the surgeon general’s role……. he is brilliant too. Another liberal, Ivy League bright boy. Last week he said:

“I wish we could get to zero risk by sealing off the border, but we can't.* The only way we're gonna be get to zero risk in this country is by controlling it in Africa.* Until that happens, Americans may come back with Ebola, other people who have a right to return or visa to enter may come back. People will go to third countries and come from there. Uh, so sealing them off, first off, one way or another work. Second off, it will backfire.”
where in your quote is this??

"it will backfire. Because by isolating these countries, it'll make it harder to help them; it'll spread more there, and we'd be more likely to be exposed here."
Old 10-05-2014, 05:34 AM   #26
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
Your quote

where in your quote is this??

"it will backfire. Because by isolating these countries, it'll make it harder to help them; it'll spread more there, and we'd be more likely to be exposed here."
Bob,

What does that have to do with the price in China?

You still have not answered my questions.....

1. Can you comment on Frieden's logic from a progressive viewpoint? Is it only a political dilemma for this administration or are they really thinking in the best interests of our nation by not shutting down the borders or stopping air traffic from the affected nations in Africa??

2. Why the hell can’t we shut down the border as well as stop air traffic from infected countries?

Yes...... Frieden did say “Even if we tried to close the border, it wouldn’t work. People have a right to return. People transiting through could come in. And it would backfire, because by isolating these countries, it’ll make it harder to help them. It will spread more there and we’d be more likely to be exposed here.”

At least Rush the charlatan has come up with a plausible reason why the administration will not shut down the borders.... Frieden just says "it wouldn't work"

We'll never shut 'em down, because that constitutes closing the border, and we've got a president who's hell-bent on granting amnesty to anywhere between six and 12 million people before the end of the year.* We're hell-bent on not closing the Southern border here to shut down that kind of immigration.* We're not gonna shut any border.* We're not gonna take step one to keep anybody out of this country for something like Ebola.
Because that would have deleterious effects on the president's political agenda.* Now, you may not want to believe that. You might think, "Certainly, Rush, we don't have people that shallow."* We do, folks.* It's not shallow.* It is a way of thinking.* They have been raised with this. They've been educated, they have taken all the right courses that led them to be politically correct. They've been in self-esteem courses, Conflict Resolution 101.

Instead of asking me another question..... could you answer mine?

Last edited by 56Nomad; 10-05-2014 at 05:51 AM.
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #27
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
xxx

Bob,

What does that have to do with the price in China?

You still have not answered my questions.....

1. Can you comment on Frieden's logic from a progressive viewpoint? Is it only a political dilemma for this administration or are they really thinking in the best interests of our nation by not shutting down the borders or stopping air traffic from the affected nations in Africa??

2. Why the hell can’t we shut down the border as well as stop air traffic from infected countries?

Yes...... Frieden did say “Even if we tried to close the border, it wouldn’t work. People have a right to return. People transiting through could come in. And it would backfire, because by isolating these countries, it’ll make it harder to help them. It will spread more there and we’d be more likely to be exposed here.”

At least Rush the charlatan has come up with a plausible reason why the administration will not shut down the borders.... Frieden just says "it wouldn't work"

We'll never shut 'em down, because that constitutes closing the border, and we've got a president who's hell-bent on granting amnesty to anywhere between six and 12 million people before the end of the year.* We're hell-bent on not closing the Southern border here to shut down that kind of immigration.* We're not gonna shut any border.* We're not gonna take step one to keep anybody out of this country for something like Ebola.
Because that would have deleterious effects on the president's political agenda.* Now, you may not want to believe that. You might think, "Certainly, Rush, we don't have people that shallow."* We do, folks.* It's not shallow.* It is a way of thinking.* They have been raised with this. They've been educated, they have taken all the right courses that led them to be politically correct. They've been in self-esteem courses, Conflict Resolution 101.

Instead of asking me another question..... could you answer mine?
I am finally beginning to understand why you guys form the opinions that you do! You obviously don't read carefully... Your answers are in the quote!

Has nothing to do with a progressive viewpoint.

Rush is an idiot Howie. How can you possibly take seriously a statement like "We're not gonna take step one to keep anybody out of this country for something like Ebola." That is an ignorant asinine statement as many steps have already been taken on this.

Last edited by QH; 10-05-2014 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:03 AM   #28
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Bob….. The interview was on your favorite news channel….. MSLSD. Watch and hear verbatum Frieden on the video. I didn’t leave anything out…..
verbatim except the part you left out You watchin MSLSD too?
Old 10-05-2014, 04:50 PM   #29
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
You watchin MSLSD too?
Bob,

I try to watch all the news and commentary as best I can. Even RT and CCTV news.

Rush is a conservative political commentator and entertainer, and the facts are that he is a very popular radio celebrity except in the minds of Media Matters. I wonder why is it that there are no liberal radio shows worth their salt?......

Then the next rhetorical question would be, why are most folks interested in the Cable news watching conservative shows?

I don’t know if you’d think it’s good that most radio listeners and TV viewers turn to particular broadcasters to affirm — rather than inform — their opinions, but that's the reality. Regardless, Limbaugh must be doing something right.

Last edited by 56Nomad; 10-05-2014 at 04:59 PM.
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #30
sin cal hd
Hooligan

I know you dont like right wing pointing out things on the left but f it. But apparently Murthy has long time ties to Obama. Go figure. But why not put another activist in a very important position.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...eneral-Nominee

Last edited by sin cal hd; 10-05-2014 at 08:29 PM.
sin cal hd is offline   Reply With Quote