Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > TECH > Blackberry Tech

Old 02-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
ssduane
nothing important to say
Hooligan

ssduane has quite a few friendsssduane has quite a few friends
Default phone advice, needed, speak stupid.

Heading back next week and looking at phones. Jody is currently on T-mobile, along with our other numbers, contract up end of April/beginning of May, so switching is possible. Jody likes her Blackberry, curve, storm, tornado, octagon, which ever one she has.

Me, I'm looking for a phone with of course the ability to make calls (seems thats the thing people us them the less for, why I mentioned it) take a good picture if I want to, don't like the email pics Jody sends me on her BB, maybe its a simple pixel adjustment in the phone, not sure. Maybe look up on the internet a location, don't need to post on FB that I'm having cofee with Tim and Buffy at Cafe de Whatthefuck.

Not sure about apps, have no clue what is out there or where to even look or why I would even want them. But, the level app in my I-touch is cool. Phuck I-tunes, I have an I-touch.

Also, prefer a phone with a touch screen pad if I need to type, little BB buttons, no thanks.

I'm sure Jody can find something else she likes besides a BB, but would be a transition period. Me, I'm going to be like Grandpa walking into a store talking to a cel phone provider, more then likely pissing them off with stupidity. Kinda like me walking into a coffee shop and asking for a large coffee, you mean Venti, no, Large, they are venti. So whats medium? Medium, shouldn't that be a DuoDieci?

So, what do you all recommend for maybe phones and service providers? I'm sure there will be a learning period,a dn I might grow to like some of the shit you all use your phones for. Personally, I hate texting, 10 minutes of texting can be usually cured by a 30 second phone call.
ssduane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

I honestly will say that for everything I do I love my I-phone. Carrie loves hers as well. I still use my Ipod CLassic and Nano for music but I do keep some play lists on my phone for when I am traveling. and all the same apps and games as your I Touch.

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Ford vs Chevy

Im happy with Verizon - Heather and I have the Droid Incredible......
jws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
Ford vs Chevy

I agree, I think you will transition to the iphone easier since you already use Itouchs is all

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
Ford vs Chevy

X2, Incredible is incredible
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
yz450mm
Silent Hooli
Hooligan

yz450mm shares all your toys

Android is a great platform, and there are quite a few nice phones out that are running it for Sprint and Verizon. Sprint has better data plans (if you end up using the internet a lot), and if you travel a lot you can use some android phones as a mobile hotspot and connect up to 8 devices to it at dsl speeds. There is an "app" for everything, and once you started playing with different apps, you'd probably end up loving it. I have the EVO with Sprint, and love it. HTC makes touchscreen phones that run android, and Motorola has the Droid series also running Android.
The google navigation, google maps, and google earth on an Android phone really comes in handy... it's amazing what devices can do now, compared to what computers did years ago.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

diirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortal

More processing power in one phone then the entire space shuttle.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
ssduane
nothing important to say
Hooligan

ssduane has quite a few friendsssduane has quite a few friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
More processing power in one phone then the entire space shuttle.
might be to complex for me then.
ssduane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #9
jaybo
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Hooligan

jaybo is just really nice

I'll throw another one in for i-phone, but only cause that is what i've got. Guys at work have everything from everyone, and no one has any major complaints. so i guess this post is . Oh look
jaybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

I think the big thing is what service works best around where you live. I prob would of went with an Iphone if ATT worked in my area. Verizon works best where I live so went with what Verizon offered at the time.

Now you can get the Iphone with Verizon or ATT so pick who has the best service for you.......
jws is offline   Reply With Quote