Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > TECH > SxS

Old 08-19-2016, 11:46 PM   #1
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail
Default Damn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jws View Post
Posted: May 5 2008, 07:03 PM

MORE CAN-AM UTV RUMORS
(5/2/2008)
Word has been circulating on the street for about six months of a Pure Sport UTV from Can-Am.

Rumors of a drive system featuring the mighty triple cylinder, 1500cc SOHC 4-Tec Sea-Doo engine have been rampant.

This is due in large part to BRP’s UTV-like Elite side-by-side, dual track snowmobile powered by the same motor package.

While a 135 HP mill in its mildest state of tune sounds a little crazy, how about this twist? The 4-Tec engine family is said to be of the “modular” variety allowing for different configurations using the same top end pieces.

In other words, maybe a twin cylinder, 1000cc variant of the triple producing about 75 HP would be more reasonable.

At this writing we think Can-Am will take the template laid by Polaris’ Ranger RZR to the next level.

In simple terms, whatever the RZR does, Can-Am will be focused on doing it better and faster.
Can Am Maverick X3 X RS Turbo R - 154 HP, FOX 3.0 Podium RC2 bypass shocks and 24 inches of wheel travel. Got to be nearing as good as they are gong to get... Supply and demand? 30k OTD for the

QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:26 AM   #2
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

sexy
Old 08-20-2016, 04:59 AM   #3
sin cal hd
Its all the previous poster's fault.
Hooligan

sin cal hd has quite a few friendssin cal hd has quite a few friends

They have a good looking vid on youtube that's worth taking a peek at.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

I dare say we may be seeing the limits of overall UTV improvements with this machine, which makes it a little easier to swallow that price tag . HP numbers will probably climb in the next years, but you'll be able to slap bolt ons that will give you those increases. Similar motor in other BRP machines are pushing 250 hp all day. After driving our Turbo YXZ which dynoed at 160hp on pump gas, I don't know that I want too much more HP in a UTV 24 inches of travel with bypass shocks is getting about as good as it's going to get. 72 inch width and 102 in wheelbase for a 2 seater is also about as big as things will get which will limit anymore travel increases. Like MX bikes have been for many years now, just small refinements and BNG in the years to come I think. The transmission area is the only spot I see any big improvements possibly coming down the pike. This model should be much easier to change a belt a la RZR XP than earlier Mavericks which are a f&%$# PITA. Seems like they could design a belt that lasts too, my Harley's drive belt lasted 10s of thousands of miles although that's a different application. Can't wait to take a rip in this bad boy...

Not your fathers UTV shock absorber...

Last edited by QH; 08-20-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:23 AM   #5
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

Sweet SXS but is that last pic a dude or an ugly ass woman?
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
jws
Team Pink
Hooligan

jws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grailjws guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
Sweet SXS but is that last pic a dude or an ugly ass woman?
prob both
Old 08-22-2016, 03:50 PM   #7
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

I was checking these bad boys out yesterday. Looks like a nice next gen UTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sg3AMwvevM

(I still don't know how to embed a Youtube vid)
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 AM   #8
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
I was checking these bad boys out yesterday. Looks like a nice next gen UTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sg3AMwvevM

(I still don't know how to embed a Youtube vid)
That's Dustin Jones one of the racers we support that was nice enough to include our logo on the car even though we've yet to see one in person. He completely wadded that thing up in the first few miles of the race this weekend. There is a video going viral on social media of the crash sequence. Just driving blind in the silt dust and someone was broke down on the trail in front of them. I guess you cant just let up and let the dust clear because you'll get hammered from behind...crazy. Car looks totaled..... Next gen for sure, I think Can Am jumped a few years ahead of the pack all of a sudden. Timing is excellent for Can Am as a bunch of XP Turbo owners got a Do Not Drive your car order due to fire hazard. Can Am could make a serious dent into Polaris market share. Polaris has made so much fucking money that they could respond if they choose to. Good for the consumer as these machines are starting to get pretty freaking bad ass for farm implements
Old 08-23-2016, 05:51 PM   #9
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

That crash sounds and looks Similar to Chris Blais's crash in 2007 on his KTM pre-running Vegas to Reno which, as most know, had a pretty horrific outcome. Better to have a cage in that situation I guess.
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #10
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
That crash sounds and looks Similar to Chris Blais's crash in 2007 on his KTM pre-running Vegas to Reno which, as most know, had a pretty horrific outcome. Better to have a cage in that situation I guess.
Yeah definitely better off in a cage. We supported Blais for a couple years in a hand control RZR, but haven't heard from him in a while.