Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Save our lands!

Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
2BH
Carefully disguised as a responsible adult
Hooligan

2BH is just really nice
Exclamation Oregon Dunes need Hooligans Help

Some of you have heard about this, but for those of you who haven't the US Forest service has proposed to close 103 miles of User created Routs (All the trails) in the Oregon dunes (Florence, Coosbay and Winchester). They will keep open just the major routs between open sand riding areas. This is going to confine everyone into the same spaces.

There are two things we can do: Send a letter/email telling the forest service why they should keep the user created routs open, and sign the online petition.

Here is the email address:attn. Jerry Ingersoll, comments-pacificnorthwest-siuslaw-centralcoast@fs.fed.us

And the online petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/stop-the-forest-service-from-endangering-or-dunes-atv-riding/

We only have until September 1st to get this done! Please pass this along to everyone. They keep taking away our recreational areas. After they are gone we wont get them back!

For more info please join savetheridersdunes on facebook for the latest info, or www.savetheridersdunes.com.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
J.T.
B.O.H.I.C.A.
Hooligan

J.T. is just really nice

Will do

Quote:
04-22-09 03:01 PM <SoCal> Hey, if I take a whole bottle of blue pills will I get taller?
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
TheViking
Hooligan- Az Chapter President
Hooligan

TheViking has quite a few friendsTheViking has quite a few friends

Done!

Time flies when you're having Rum!
TheViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism

Sent.......

I wonder if they'll reply to my email

Our family lives in California and we read that the US Forest Service has proposed to close 103 miles of user created routes in the Oregon dunes (Florence, Coos Bay and Winchester)

We have come up frequently to this area with our family to ride ATVs.* We have lost so many places to ride. Much of riding area at Pismo Beach, and all of the 60,000 acre Hollister Hills (Northern CA) is now closed. Please do not allow this to happen in Oregon.

I used to work for the Forest Service near John Day and also graduated from the NY State College of Environmental Science and Forestry. I remember when the driven purpose of the Forest Service was multiple-use management of the Federal lands..... not closing down access to well used recreation areas.

Please don't close the trails.

Respectfully,

Howard and Diana Waage
63 Asta Drive
La Selva Beach, CA 95076
Old 07-23-2011, 03:15 AM   #5
dbrmama
Get me outta here!!!
HooliGIRL
HooliGIRL+Hooligan

dbrmama shares all your toys

Will do. That's where I grew up riding in sand for the first time. We used to go there for our party weekends in HS.
dbrmama is offline   Reply With Quote