Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > Things that go boom!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #21
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

There are currently more than 300 million guns on the streets of America, good luck with gun control

I believe 100% in the right to bare arms, but guns make our society more dangerous, period. There are things called statistics that show quite clearly that the amount of guns owned by the public is directly proportional to the number of gun deaths in that same public area. Countries that do not allow gun ownership have drastically fewer gun deaths, go figure. So I support the 2nd amendment knowing it makes our country a more dangerous place and I'm currently in the market for a handgun and a shotgun. I know riding my bike is more dangerous than walking, but I'll keep doing that to.

These mass murders are not a gun problem though, they are a mental health issue. We can do better dealing with our citizens and their mental health issues and hopefully that's a big part of what Obama plans to deal with. I think we need a constitutional amendment that outlaws the media giving out anything but very generic information about these mass murderers like he was a white male in his early 20's and that's it, he gets nothing more than that. That would have a bigger impact on this issue than gun control ever will. A big part of why they do what they do is to go out on the front page and get that notoriety, their spectacular 15 minutes of fame. My personal opinion is it's less about killing people and more about how big of a name they can create for themselves. Through history we learn about and remember the notorious killers by name, but never the victims. I believe if they knew nobody would ever know their name, these incidents would be far fewer and further between.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #22
rf4
Insert Catchy Phrase
HooliGIRL+Hooligan

rf4 is just really nice

I don't have the answers, but I do have a lot of questions...

I wonder what the statistics are for the mentally unstable? It seems as though there are more per capita in the US than there were 25-30 years ago or maybe they are just not institutionalized?

If there are more per capita, what is the root cause? Or is it better diagnosed?

As for that article - I agree that woman needs help with her son who threatens to kill her and himself - but what are the choices these days? No one wants their child "labeled". Years ago, they used to toss in an asylum and medicate. This woman says her son is of genius intelligence. I wonder how she would feel about locking him up in an institution or jail?

Like I said, many questions, but no answers.

Don't get confused between my Personality and my Attitude.
My Personality is who I am, my Attitude depends on who you are!
rf4 is offline   Reply With Quote