Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > HooliRacing > Frisby Racing

Old 05-25-2011, 03:28 AM   #21
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

diirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortal

Pretty good deal. It would work. Might require regearing though.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #22
@lsoran
Serious Hooligan
Hooligan

@lsoran is an unknown around here

It would work but both Brian (Fusion) and Karl Scanlan both mentioned the weak case on mendi"s. If you compare it to the Weddle, http://ranchotransaxles.com/weddle-transaxles.html it's a big difference in strength. They both recommended different builders but agreed on the case. I like the HV1. I'm going to talk to Folts when I get a Chance to see what price I can get.
Once I decide and purchase the trans, I will be looking for a back-up like that one. I wouldn't really care if the gearing is off a bit. As long as it would work.

Last edited by @lsoran; 05-25-2011 at 11:23 AM.
@lsoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:52 PM   #23
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

diirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortaldiirk is believed to be immortal

Whatever backup you have will need the same mounting points as your primary trans. Or maybe you can build some adapters to get it to fit. Otherwise it would be useless. I'd say go with the HV-1 and trans cooler and call it a day. Pull the trigger and you can have it done by the next race.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #24
@lsoran
Serious Hooligan
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diirk View Post
Whatever backup you have will need the same mounting points as your primary trans. Or maybe you can build some adapters to get it to fit. Otherwise it would be useless. I'd say go with the HV-1 and trans cooler and call it a day. Pull the trigger and you can have it done by the next race.
The HV-1 is what I'm looking at. I just need to get down there and talk to someone. I want to know what other cases or trannys use the same mounts. The cooler is a smart idea. The car had a trans gauge in it when I bought it but no cooler.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #25
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

Plus with an external cooler and filter, you can change out the fluid way easier and increase capacity. Win/win.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #26
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

I have a better idea, Sell your buggie and buy this http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=5&md=second&id=9648 then come race BITD, we could use the competition. 8100 is one of the top classes when it comes to pay back.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 AM   #27
@lsoran
Serious Hooligan
Hooligan

What can I say, I'm a buggy dork.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #28
diirk
Chairman of the Bored
Admin

I think he should keep the buggy and use it as the prerunner for the Fabtech truck. FTW!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
SoCal
Ass Hole
Hooligan

SoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy GrailSoCal guards the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lsoran View Post
What can I say, I'm a buggy dork.

Well not everyone can be perfect.

I like Eric's idea.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #30
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
I have a better idea, Sell your buggie and buy this http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/trader/atl.cgi?ct=5&md=second&id=9648 then come race BITD, we could use the competition. 8100 is one of the top classes when it comes to pay back.
I'm thinking next race vehicle will be a truck, I like sitting up higher. That's a good deal. Timing is a little off for me :(