Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Soap Box > Political Reverse Peristalsis

Old 01-22-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

56Nomad is on the road to Hooliganism
Default More Broken Promises - My Tax Refund

On April 14th 2014 I dutifully sent in my 2013 income tax return and paid our government $3567. In July 2014 we received a long awaited 2013 K-1 form from Schwab which showed we had some stock market losses for that year. Therefore, we had to file an amended return showing that a refund was owed to us in the amount of $435.

IRS received this amended return on Aug 11th 2014.

I’ve called the IRS phone number every month since then to find out the status and every phone call is up to a one and a half hour wait to speak to a representative after the robo lady tells me my wait will be 15 to 30 minutes. Every IRS representative I have spoken with has promised to expedite my refund, yet it still is stuck somewhere in the system.

The last IRS person I spoke with (1/6/2015) told me that the IRS is minimally staffed and cannot keep up with the backlogged returns. She also said that they all the IRS reps had to take a 40-hour class to handle the Obamacare new tax laws…. Then she told me, tongue in cheek, that it will take the IRS 10 years to figure out how to process tax returns and collect ACA fines. She also said she would process my return.

She directed me to: http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-A...Tax-Provisions

Maybe Bob can figure it out

Today I called the IRS at 7:30 am and after one hour + of waiting….. the looped inane music stopped and robo lady returned and said, “please wait”. Then immediately they hung up on me!!!!!

If you haven't seen the news......2014 Federal Tax Refunds will Be Delayed Until October 2015
http://nationalreport.net/2014-feder...-october-2015/

And last year, 35.6 percent of phone calls went unanswered by customer service representatives, according to a report to Congress by the national taxpayer advocate, Nina E. Olson.

At a news conference this week, IRS Commissioner Koskinen was blunt: “I would caution taxpayers to use our phone lines only as a last resort.”

Last edited by 56Nomad; 01-22-2015 at 09:37 PM.
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

I don't even want to talk about the ACA rollout at my company. Such a disaster. Risking my entire business to try and get long term clients to take rate increases just so I can pass through the ACA costs. And futa and Suta taxes went up again this year as well as providing three sick days beginning July 1 for the 1500 or so people we have in California. Good times.....
Old 01-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
thmTerry
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

thmTerry is just really nice

I saw a large boarded up building a couple days ago with a big banner out front saying business closed from ACA lawsuit

Thomas Jefferson

"History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people."

MLK
thmTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56Nomad View Post
If you haven't seen the news......2014 Federal Tax Refunds will Be Delayed Until October 2015
http://nationalreport.net/2014-feder...-october-2015/
Although the sky may be falling (likely not) this sounds like we may be facing an Ebola epidemic... Hmmmm. How'd that turn out?

Relax and enjoy driving that camper all over the place in the most powerful, bountiful, and beautiful nation on earth. I love this country!

Last edited by RagenR&B; 01-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:38 PM   #5
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
Although the sky may be falling (likely not) this sounds like we may be facing an Ebola epidemic... Hmmmm. How'd that turn out?

Relax and enjoy driving that camper all over the place in the most powerful, bountiful, and beautiful nation on earth. I love this country!
Roger.... for you

http://youtu.be/y0V4TZAyd8I
Old 01-23-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
Big Buford
Hooligan King
Hooligan

Big Buford shares all your toys

Howie, our dispatcher, works next door to me, had her taxes filed before they could for 2013. Still haven't got their money! Crook sent in phoney return and got about 2700. Finally 9 months later get it figured out and cut her check for the almost 9k owed..... yep you guessed it, dumbass IRS deposited second check into crooks bank account. Still fighting the fight! Good luck to you.

Big minds talk about ideas..small minds talk about people.

Big Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

.................................................. ..........

Last edited by QH; 11-16-2016 at 12:08 AM.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #8
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
When we last had a Republican POTUS, we were in the depths of a horrible recession, losing 800,000 jobs a month with double digit unemployment and watching our home equities evaporate. 6 years later (and you can fact check every one of these) with Obummer at the helm, Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis, More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before, more of our people have health insurance than ever before, our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs, our deficits cut by two thirds, our stock market has doubled, health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years and the government has actually shrunk.

I'm doing some checking..... and you must be pulling these facts out of your ass

Please tell us where your finding these sunshine facts........

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Our economy is growing and creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999.”

President Obama celebrated the fact that the economy created jobs at the fastest pace since 1999. These figures are far less exciting news when put in context. Americans have suffered through the slowest recovery of the post-war era. The recession started seven years ago. Only in mid-2014 did the economy recover the jobs lost during the downturn. Full-time jobs have still not recovered – the entire net employment gains since 2007 come in part-time positions. Furthermore, the Obama administration’s policies have contributed to this sluggishness.Half of small business owners cite taxes or government regulations as their single greatest problem. A delayed recovery certainly beats the alternative of even slower job growth. But the administration should hardly want credit for such an anemic recovery.

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis.”

Obama touted the fact that unemployment has fallen to 5.6 percent. That’s good news. But he neglected to mention the fact that the proportion of Americans with jobs has changed little over his presidency. The vast majority of the improving unemployment picture comes from Americans dropping out of the labor force and no longer looking for work. In part that has to do with demographics—the ageing of the baby boomers means more retirees and thus fewer workers. But demographics onlyexplain one-quarter of the drop in labor force participation. For many workers the economy offers less opportunity than it did before the recession. The official unemployment figures hide that fact.

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Wages are finally starting to rise again. ”

Yes, wages are growing. But so are costs. The government could promote real wage growth by removing regulations and taxes that keep prices high. In the government-dominated sectors of education and health care, prices have risen much faster than wages over the past generation. Electricity and fuel are made more expensive by the Environmental Protection Agency’s “war on coal.” The Dodd-Frank financial reform raises prices by making it more difficult for small banks to comply with all the new rules. And land-use regulation and permitting processes make rent for families and businesses much higher than it could be. Instead of mandating higher wages (and fewer jobs), Obama could raise real wages by taking the lead in reducing costly regulations.

Maybe more kids are staying in school as there are no jobs for them when they get out

Last edited by 56Nomad; 01-24-2015 at 12:04 AM.
56Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #9
RagenR&B
Yabba Dabba Do
Hooligan

RagenR&B is an unknown around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
When we last had a Republican POTUS, we were in the depths of a horrible recession, losing 800,000 jobs a month with double digit unemployment and watching our home equities evaporate. 6 years later (and you can fact check every one of these) with Obummer at the helm, Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis, More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before, more of our people have health insurance than ever before, our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs, our deficits cut by two thirds, our stock market has doubled, health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years and the government has actually shrunk.

It's got to suck to be an ideological right winger. All this has happened yet to listen and read your comments you'd think the sky is falling. Not to worry though, the new Republican senates first order of business is to try an write a law preventing your raped daughter from getting an abortion, so they are ON IT! That's a great relief too since abortion and teen pregnancies are at all time low's. The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.
Hey, Bob and I finally disagree on something... I actually think it's easier to make yourself happy than miserable!
RagenR&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #10
56Nomad
Hooligeezer King
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagenR&B View Post
Hey, Bob and I finally disagree on something... I actually think it's easier to make yourself happy than miserable!
Roger and Bob,

I really am a very happy guy but for the fact that I worry about our dear USA and the future of our kids. I don't put my Obama rose colored glasses on in the morning but rather try to see the world as it really is.

From the 09/11/2014 liberal Huff Post:

..... people who self-identified as conservative reported higher life satisfaction than their more liberal peers.

It's not the first study to find that conservatives report greater happiness than liberals. A 2006 report from the Pew Research Center showed that 45% of conservative Republicans reported being very happy, as compared to 30% of liberal Democrats. According to the report, this "partisan happiness gap" had shown up in surveys every year since 1972.

What explains the happiness gap? Some scientists have argued that it can be attributed to personality differences between the two groups or different thinking styles--that conservatives are more likely to rationalize inequality. Others have suggested a link with marriage rates and religious identification--pointing out that conservatives are more likely to be married and to identify as religious, both of which have been linked with higher levels of happiness.