Toy Hauln Hooligans  

Go Back   Toy Hauln Hooligans > Hooligan's Categories > Quite Possibly R rated > Hooli Health

Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
Big Buford
Hooligan King
Hooligan

Big Buford shares all your toys
Default very cool !

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/50582822#50582822

Big minds talk about ideas..small minds talk about people.

Big Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
jackxclan
HeavyHaulnHooligan
Hooligan

jackxclan has quite a few friendsjackxclan has quite a few friends

good stuff mark nice find
Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #3
JJ
Hooligan

JJ has quite a few friendsJJ has quite a few friends

Wow! that's pretty cool
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #4
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

Read the latest Time Magazine cover story called Bitter Pill by Steven Brill. it's non ideological and HUGELY enlightening as to the real cause of ridiculous medical care costs.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

bz enjoys long walks on the beach

Interesting article. Im sure we can agree there is some ridiculous stuff in there. My first thought, though, is why the hell are these people not carrying health insurance or why are they using mini-med/defined benefit plans? That's stupid. Good times, bad times I've always done whatever I've had to do to make sure I had qualified coverage for me and my family. It's not the evil profit-making healthcare system that caused every hardship in the article, it was people not carrying insurance. Where is the personal responsibility? Second, ill never have an issue with CEO pay or how much these organizations profit. If you limit the ability of any sector of the marketplace to make a profit, you limit innovation and the ability to attract top-notch talent (not just management). I want the best people working to build centers that fight cancer. And if people are flying in from all over the world because my success rate is better than everyone else's, then I should be able to make a big profit. That's why I built it in the first place and staffed it with best people, spent tons of money on research and bought the best equipment. It's called the profit motive. Take away the profit and where is my incentive to build it? If I decide to do it for altruistic reasons, who will invest in the project knowing the return is limited? How will I get the best people if I don't pay them the most?
I've heard a lot of people say they love Medicare. You know who doesn't love Medicare? Doctors. Medicare imposes profit restrictions and a nightmare of government regulations and paperwork. Now imagine if doctors could only see Medicare patients. That kick-ass cancer center never gets built, the latest CT scan never gets developed and people choose other career paths besides medicine.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz View Post
Interesting article. Im sure we can agree there is some ridiculous stuff in there. My first thought, though, is why the hell are these people not carrying health insurance or why are they using mini-med/defined benefit plans? That's stupid. Good times, bad times I've always done whatever I've had to do to make sure I had qualified coverage for me and my family. It's not the evil profit-making healthcare system that caused every hardship in the article, it was people not carrying insurance. Where is the personal responsibility? Second, ill never have an issue with CEO pay or how much these organizations profit. If you limit the ability of any sector of the marketplace to make a profit, you limit innovation and the ability to attract top-notch talent (not just management). I want the best people working to build centers that fight cancer. And if people are flying in from all over the world because my success rate is better than everyone else's, then I should be able to make a big profit. That's why I built it in the first place and staffed it with best people, spent tons of money on research and bought the best equipment. It's called the profit motive. Take away the profit and where is my incentive to build it? If I decide to do it for altruistic reasons, who will invest in the project knowing the return is limited? How will I get the best people if I don't pay them the most?
I've heard a lot of people say they love Medicare. You know who doesn't love Medicare? Doctors. Medicare imposes profit restrictions and a nightmare of government regulations and paperwork. Now imagine if doctors could only see Medicare patients. That kick-ass cancer center never gets built, the latest CT scan never gets developed and people choose other career paths besides medicine.
But it's not a free competitive market so the same rules don't apply. If I don't like the $5000 tie at Nordstroms I can walk down the mall and choose a $500 tie at Macy's. When your doctor sends you for a cancer screening how many options do you have? Why is Medicare getting services for a fraction of what our insurance companies pay? Why do we pay 50% more for prescription drugs than any other civilized country. When was the last time you read and understood what you were paying for on your medical bill? If you get cancer your options are get treatment or don't and die. So you can't treat healthcare like any other free enterprise system with multiple choices and fair competition, it's not and it's going to bankrupt this country.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #7
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

I agree that It will bankrupt the country but how to deal with it is another thing. Ceo salaries and legislating the profitability of a company is wrong, its not a monopoly. Medicare is like a union, it's only good for the members. Doctors hate it and its a bloated government program that hurts our economy and will soon be bankrupt.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #8
QH
Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz View Post
I agree that It will bankrupt the country but how to deal with it is another thing. Ceo salaries and legislating the profitability of a company is wrong, its not a monopoly. Medicare is like a union, it's only good for the members. Doctors hate it and its a bloated government program that hurts our economy and will soon be bankrupt.
Obviously you didn't read the full story. ..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
bz
I Da Ho? No you da Ho!
Hooligan

I read it, I just don't agree :)