Hooligan King
Hooligan's Partner
Hooligan

QH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy GrailQH guards the Holy Grail

[QUOTE=56Nomad;107994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QH View Post
Yeah Howie and my original question was not tongue and cheek

Bob…… please watch these videos to the end. I can’t say it any better than black minister Johnathan Gentry and these black activists. This thread was started to highlight the absurdity of race and politics that brought out the loony left agitators. This is not to diminish the efforts of the truely motivated folks who want to prevent these kinds of events from happening all to frequently. Lets try to keep old Bundy and Mitt Romney out of racial politics in this string

Rev. Gentry: http://preview.tinyurl.com/k8do9bh
Black Activists: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUSRZo1BE5o

I stand by my previous statement: “If you can’t see that he’s always been a professional race baiter and shakedown artist, I just don’t know what to say other than your liberalism just amazes me. Why would any president want to associate with this character?” It surely does not say much for Obama’s choice of an White House advisor.

What have Sharpton and Jackson done for the black community that could be considered of any been of any significant value or benefit? Sharpton certainly is no Martin Luther King.

Howie, it's my pleasure to shred every point you just made with my "amazing liberalism", or as I like to call it, thoughtful common sense.

I watched the video Howie and as usual nuance goes right over the top of conservatives heads. He talks about black on black crime, again as I've noted several times now in poor neighborhoods the rate of black on black crime is about the same as white on white crime so the point is mute. Poor people kill each other too much period, it's a zipcode thing not a color thing. The dude then spews crap about violent protesters burning down the town, like he's the only guy who feels that way. Is that what Sharpton and Obama are promoting? No, they have said repeatedly that it was wrong to burn shit down. They have both repeatedly promoted peaceful protest, NOT violent protest.

Standing on the stairs of the*Old Courthouse, Sharpton called for peace saying that the looting and violent behavior only dishonors the memory of Michael Brown. “I know you’re angry, I know that this is outrageous, but we can’t be more outraged than his mom and dad and if they can hold their head dignity, so can you, don’t loot in Michael’s name,he added. We are not looters, we’re liberators. We are not burners. We are builders.”

Emporer Obama's horrific racial flaming: (please read slowly so that it may sink in)
“We need to accept that this decision was the grand jury’s to make, there are Americans who agree with it, and there are Americans who are deeply disappointed, even angry. It’s an understandable reaction. But I join Michael’s parents in asking anyone who protests this decision to do so peacefully. That won’t be done by throwing bottles, that won’t be done by smashing car windows, That won’t be done by using this as an excuse to vandalize property and that certainly won’t be done by hurting anybody. Our police officers put their lives on the line for us every single day, they have a tough job to do to maintain public safety

I don't personally care for Al Sharpton Howie, not even a little bit, but he doesn't make me blind with hatred either. Until we walk in a black Americans shoes, who are we to dismiss who THEY choose as their own activist. Somehow whenever something happens race related Sharpton ends up talking for the black family. I'm sure they have a choice about him being at their press conference Howie and he always seems to be there with the family nodding in approval at his comments. For years that's been the case, decades in fact. Black people have chosen him their activist of choice. If you can't comprehend how that raises his status to the POTUS consulting with him then you are blind or completely illogical. I don't nor have I ever compared him to MLK and I'm not a huge fan of MLK either for that matter. Maybe you should look up the definition of Activist to better understand what's going on here.

You'd think a group of people who are constantly crying about the constitution might actually pay attention to what it say's sometime. The 14th amendment guarantee’s equal protection of the laws. The black community is not getting that equal protection from law enforcement. To say or think that they are is simply to bury your head in the sand. Until that happens we're going to hear and read about it and rightfully so. Civil protest is about as American as it gets, regardless of skin color.
QH is offline   Reply With Quote