Toy Hauln Hooligans

Toy Hauln Hooligans (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/index.php)
-   Support, Questions, and FAQs (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Fabrication Help (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/showthread.php?t=5906)

bz 04-03-2013 04:06 AM

Fabrication Help
 
I have a moto jack for transporting the bike around. The 2 pieces that go through the pegs (see picture) on my old moto jack were threaded on the bottom and used a wing nut to secure it. This version is not threaded and has basically a set screw to hold it in place, I don't trust it. Any idea where I could go to get two of these fabricated? Moto jack/ride everyday motorsports is out of business.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/03/zumeqy6y.jpg

jws 04-03-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bz (Post 98599)
I have a moto jack for transporting the bike around. The 2 pieces that go through the pegs (see picture) on my old moto jack were threaded on the bottom and used a wing nut to secure it. This version is not threaded and has basically a set screw to hold it in place, I don't trust it. Any idea where I could go to get two of these fabricated? Moto jack/ride everyday motorsports is out of business.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/03/zumeqy6y.jpg

You must have an older one like I just sold......

s@ndm@n 04-03-2013 06:04 AM

Take it to the high school machine shop and see if the shop teacher will use it as a project. They could cut threads in it, or weld up new ones out of threaded bar.

s@ndm@n 04-03-2013 06:05 AM

Lol, you sold it already Jeff?

yz450mm 04-03-2013 06:06 AM

I can fab those up, no problem. Get me dimensions and give me a couple days.

I can plasma cut and MIG weld, so design it however you want. If you want it threaded, that's easy too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jws 04-03-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s@ndm@n (Post 98605)
Lol, you sold it already Jeff?

Yeah - it was a good idea I had but now the the trailer is gone it turned into a pos sitting in my way in the garage....

bz 04-03-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yz450mm (Post 98606)
I can fab those up, no problem. Get me dimensions and give me a couple days.

I can plasma cut and MIG weld, so design it however you want. If you want it threaded, that's easy too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That would be awesome.

Dimensions are:

Vertical piece 7" , diameter 5/8. Needs threads for a minimum of 2.5" at the bottom.

Horizontal piece 3.5" 5/8" diameter. The piece that hangs vertically off of the horizontal that goes over the peg is 1.5" and 3/8" diameter. It's fine if that piece is 5/8" as well.

Where do you live?

yz450mm 04-03-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bz (Post 98609)
That would be awesome.

Dimensions are:

Vertical piece 7" , diameter 5/8. Needs threads for a minimum of 2.5" at the bottom.

Horizontal piece 3.5" 5/8" diameter. The piece that hangs vertically off of the horizontal that goes over the peg is 1.5" and 3/8" diameter. It's fine if that piece is 5/8" as well.

Where do you live?

Hesperia. I'll pick up some 5/8 today and weld it up in the next couple days. I 'll send you a quick shop drawing later tonight before I cut anything though.

bz 04-03-2013 07:08 PM

Sounds great, thanks!

yz450mm 04-06-2013 01:31 AM

Picked up stainless 5/8 threaded rod today, making them up tonight and will be done tomorrow afternoon. Black, grey, red, blue, or clear coat raw steel?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2008 ToyHaulnHooligans.com
Images posted on this forum may be reproduced online or in print by industry magazines or flyers. By posting images here, you agree to this stipulation, and wave any DRM.
Please contact the administration team for information on publications we have relationships with.