Toy Hauln Hooligans

Toy Hauln Hooligans (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/index.php)
-   Smells like.... fish! (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Fishing Report from The Eastern Sierras (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/showthread.php?t=6260)

56Nomad 05-04-2014 03:34 AM

Fishing Report from The Eastern Sierras

Trout fishing from Lone Pine to Mammoth is fantastic. Anyone with a pole is catching their limit. We fished just out of Bishop for the last 3 days and the fish truck has been dumping stockers yesterday and the day before. In Lone Pine they dumped 500 pounds of trophy Alpers in Dias Lake. Those were 5 to 10 pound monsters.

Brother in law just made camp at Glass Springs today and caught his limit in 45 minutes right in the creek..... BTW, there are only 3 other campers there.

I'm still boondocking near Bishop off of Buttermilk Rd and plan on moving to Mammoth next week. Let me know if your interested in coming up for fishing and I'll save a camp spot for ya :- )

PS: Bro N Law want to know what the fine is for carrying over the bag limit :- o

SoCal 05-04-2014 03:53 AM

Damn nice!

DirtyRat 05-04-2014 03:54 AM

Nice change of pace thread Howie, thank you. Glad your enjoying life up there, no idea what the fine is now but its pretty steep.

Have fun!!!

56Nomad 05-04-2014 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyRat (Post 104914)
Nice change of pace thread Howie, thank you. Glad your enjoying life up there, no idea what the fine is now but its pretty steep.

Have fun!!!

Jim,

We definitely needed a break...... Thanks

CHAIN_DOGG 05-04-2014 04:01 AM

Outstanding !! I'm going, not just when this season. It's a per fish fine, pricey , tell to start eating em there are check points in bishop, and probably more coming south. I know this because I have people in independence .

56Nomad 05-04-2014 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAIN_DOGG (Post 104916)
Outstanding !! I'm going, not just when this season. It's a per fish fine, pricey , tell to start eating em there are check points in bishop, and probably more coming south.

Brian,

Internet is sketchy, but I think I saw a request from you on Facebook for a fish report.... That's what prompted me to post here. I hate Facebook most of the time

CHAIN_DOGG 05-04-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56Nomad (Post 104917)
Brian,

Internet is sketchy, but I think I saw a request from you on Facebook for a fish report.... That's what prompted me to post here. I hate Facebook most of the time

And I thank you for that, gives me something to think about and look forward to at work. Work is kicking my ass, I just found out Friday, I am heading up a new 4000 amp Electrical service for placenta Linda hospital . Completion date for for phase 1 November. I should have bid higher :htfus:

QH 05-04-2014 05:11 PM

I'm chasing you down Howie! Retired, got a camper, got a jeep #howiesshadow

thmTerry 05-04-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 104929)

I have never heard you brag about your fishing skills?

56Nomad 05-04-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 104929)

Now you gotta get a fishing license too.....