Toy Hauln Hooligans

Toy Hauln Hooligans (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/index.php)
-   Political Reverse Peristalsis (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   More Broken Promises - My Tax Refund (http://forum.toyhaulnhooligans.com/showthread.php?t=6446)

56Nomad 01-22-2015 07:16 PM

More Broken Promises - My Tax Refund

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/...ps4phkhmwp.jpg

On April 14th 2014 I dutifully sent in my 2013 income tax return and paid our government $3567. In July 2014 we received a long awaited 2013 K-1 form from Schwab which showed we had some stock market losses for that year. Therefore, we had to file an amended return showing that a refund was owed to us in the amount of $435.

IRS received this amended return on Aug 11th 2014.

I’ve called the IRS phone number every month since then to find out the status and every phone call is up to a one and a half hour wait to speak to a representative after the robo lady tells me my wait will be 15 to 30 minutes. Every IRS representative I have spoken with has promised to expedite my refund, yet it still is stuck somewhere in the system.

The last IRS person I spoke with (1/6/2015) told me that the IRS is minimally staffed and cannot keep up with the backlogged returns. She also said that they all the IRS reps had to take a 40-hour class to handle the Obamacare new tax laws…. Then she told me, tongue in cheek, that it will take the IRS 10 years to figure out how to process tax returns and collect ACA fines. She also said she would process my return.

She directed me to: http://www.irs.gov/Affordable-Care-A...Tax-Provisions

Maybe Bob can figure it out :dude:

Today I called the IRS at 7:30 am and after one hour + of waiting….. the looped inane music stopped and robo lady returned and said, “please wait”. Then immediately they hung up on me!!!!!

If you haven't seen the news......2014 Federal Tax Refunds will Be Delayed Until October 2015
http://nationalreport.net/2014-feder...-october-2015/

And last year, 35.6 percent of phone calls went unanswered by customer service representatives, according to a report to Congress by the national taxpayer advocate, Nina E. Olson.

At a news conference this week, IRS Commissioner Koskinen was blunt: “I would caution taxpayers to use our phone lines only as a last resort.”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/...psj1xbachs.jpg

bz 01-23-2015 04:00 PM

I don't even want to talk about the ACA rollout at my company. Such a disaster. Risking my entire business to try and get long term clients to take rate increases just so I can pass through the ACA costs. And futa and Suta taxes went up again this year as well as providing three sick days beginning July 1 for the 1500 or so people we have in California. Good times.....

thmTerry 01-23-2015 04:21 PM

I saw a large boarded up building a couple days ago with a big banner out front saying business closed from ACA lawsuit

RagenR&B 01-23-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56Nomad (Post 108386)
If you haven't seen the news......2014 Federal Tax Refunds will Be Delayed Until October 2015
http://nationalreport.net/2014-feder...-october-2015/

Although the sky may be falling (likely not) this sounds like we may be facing an Ebola epidemic... Hmmmm. How'd that turn out?

Relax and enjoy driving that camper all over the place in the most powerful, bountiful, and beautiful nation on earth. I love this country!:jel:

56Nomad 01-23-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagenR&B (Post 108395)
Although the sky may be falling (likely not) this sounds like we may be facing an Ebola epidemic... Hmmmm. How'd that turn out?

Relax and enjoy driving that camper all over the place in the most powerful, bountiful, and beautiful nation on earth. I love this country!:jel:

Roger.... for you :jel:

http://youtu.be/y0V4TZAyd8I

Big Buford 01-23-2015 06:33 PM

Howie, our dispatcher, works next door to me, had her taxes filed before they could for 2013. Still haven't got their money! Crook sent in phoney return and got about 2700. Finally 9 months later get it figured out and cut her check for the almost 9k owed..... yep you guessed it, dumbass IRS deposited second check into crooks bank account. Still fighting the fight! Good luck to you.

QH 01-23-2015 07:31 PM

.................................................. ..........

56Nomad 01-23-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108399)
When we last had a Republican POTUS, we were in the depths of a horrible recession, losing 800,000 jobs a month with double digit unemployment and watching our home equities evaporate. 6 years later (and you can fact check every one of these) with Obummer at the helm, Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis, More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before, more of our people have health insurance than ever before, our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs, our deficits cut by two thirds, our stock market has doubled, health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years and the government has actually shrunk.

<_<

I'm doing some checking..... and you must be pulling these facts out of your ass :eek:

Please tell us where your finding these sunshine facts........

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Our economy is growing and creating jobs at the fastest pace since 1999.”

President Obama celebrated the fact that the economy created jobs at the fastest pace since 1999. These figures are far less exciting news when put in context. Americans have suffered through the slowest recovery of the post-war era. The recession started seven years ago. Only in mid-2014 did the economy recover the jobs lost during the downturn. Full-time jobs have still not recovered – the entire net employment gains since 2007 come in part-time positions. Furthermore, the Obama administration’s policies have contributed to this sluggishness.Half of small business owners cite taxes or government regulations as their single greatest problem. A delayed recovery certainly beats the alternative of even slower job growth. But the administration should hardly want credit for such an anemic recovery.

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis.”

Obama touted the fact that unemployment has fallen to 5.6 percent. That’s good news. But he neglected to mention the fact that the proportion of Americans with jobs has changed little over his presidency. The vast majority of the improving unemployment picture comes from Americans dropping out of the labor force and no longer looking for work. In part that has to do with demographics—the ageing of the baby boomers means more retirees and thus fewer workers. But demographics onlyexplain one-quarter of the drop in labor force participation. For many workers the economy offers less opportunity than it did before the recession. The official unemployment figures hide that fact.

Obama’s SOTU quote: “Wages are finally starting to rise again. ”

Yes, wages are growing. But so are costs. The government could promote real wage growth by removing regulations and taxes that keep prices high. In the government-dominated sectors of education and health care, prices have risen much faster than wages over the past generation. Electricity and fuel are made more expensive by the Environmental Protection Agency’s “war on coal.” The Dodd-Frank financial reform raises prices by making it more difficult for small banks to comply with all the new rules. And land-use regulation and permitting processes make rent for families and businesses much higher than it could be. Instead of mandating higher wages (and fewer jobs), Obama could raise real wages by taking the lead in reducing costly regulations.

Maybe more kids are staying in school as there are no jobs for them when they get out

RagenR&B 01-23-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108399)
When we last had a Republican POTUS, we were in the depths of a horrible recession, losing 800,000 jobs a month with double digit unemployment and watching our home equities evaporate. 6 years later (and you can fact check every one of these) with Obummer at the helm, Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis, More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before, more of our people have health insurance than ever before, our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs, our deficits cut by two thirds, our stock market has doubled, health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years and the government has actually shrunk.

It's got to suck to be an ideological right winger. All this has happened yet to listen and read your comments you'd think the sky is falling. Not to worry though, the new Republican senates first order of business is to try an write a law preventing your raped daughter from getting an abortion, so they are ON IT! That's a great relief too since abortion and teen pregnancies are at all time low's. The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same. <_<

Hey, Bob and I finally disagree on something... I actually think it's easier to make yourself happy than miserable! :buggs:

56Nomad 01-23-2015 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagenR&B (Post 108401)
Hey, Bob and I finally disagree on something... I actually think it's easier to make yourself happy than miserable! :buggs:

Roger and Bob,

I really am a very happy guy but for the fact that I worry about our dear USA and the future of our kids. I don't put my Obama rose colored glasses on in the morning but rather try to see the world as it really is.

From the 09/11/2014 liberal Huff Post:

..... people who self-identified as conservative reported higher life satisfaction than their more liberal peers.

It's not the first study to find that conservatives report greater happiness than liberals. A 2006 report from the Pew Research Center showed that 45% of conservative Republicans reported being very happy, as compared to 30% of liberal Democrats. According to the report, this "partisan happiness gap" had shown up in surveys every year since 1972.

What explains the happiness gap? Some scientists have argued that it can be attributed to personality differences between the two groups or different thinking styles--that conservatives are more likely to rationalize inequality. Others have suggested a link with marriage rates and religious identification--pointing out that conservatives are more likely to be married and to identify as religious, both of which have been linked with higher levels of happiness.

56Nomad 01-23-2015 11:28 PM

Americans’ Optimism Is Dying

It is the very essence of the American Dream: an irrepressible confidence that our children will live better than we do…………And now it is gone. It has been slipping for some time, really, but a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll this month put an exclamation point on Americans’ lost optimism.

When asked if “life for our children’s generation will be better than it has been for us,” fully 76 percent said they do not have such confidence. Only 21 percent did. That was the worst ever recorded in the poll; in 2001, 49 percent were confident and 43 percent not.

When you look closer, things seem even worse, if that’s possible. I called Fred Yang, the Democratic pollster who conducted the survey along with Republican Bill McInturff, and he told me the pessimism was universal. The wealthy were as down as the poor (75 percent and 73 percent, respectively) and even those who felt that they were doing well personally didn’t think their children would do as well (61 percent). Women are as grim as men, and there’s little difference according to race (whites are slightly more pessimistic and Hispanics slightly less) or by region (Westerners are slightly less gloomy than the others).

The young are relatively less pessimistic than the old (64 percent to 86 percent) but still plenty discouraged in absolute terms. Republicans (88 percent) were more dour than Democrats (61 percent), just as Democrats were more dour than Republicans when the question was asked in 2006 (56 percent to 71 percent) during a similar stage in George W. Bush’s presidency.

In other words, the gloom goes beyond wealth, gender, race, region, age and ideology. This fractious nation is united by one thing: lost faith in the United States.

Certainly, some of the dark outlook has to do with the slow recovery. And there’s justification for the pessimism: Millennials are, by some measures, the first generation in U.S. history to see a decline in living standards. But now the economy is improving measurably, and optimism hasn’t followed. “I keep thinking, boy, these numbers are going to turn around, and they don’t turn around, they’re enduring,” said Andrew Kohut, founding director of the Pew Research Center.

Kohut attributes the phenomenon to structural problems such as income inequality, and he notes that people in other advanced countries have also been more pessimistic since the 2008 economic collapse. That’s true, but Americans were already plenty pessimistic about the next generation (65 percent to 27 percent) back in 2006, when the economy was strong.

Yang’s suspicion, which I share, is that something deeper is also at work: Americans are reacting, in part, to the breakdown of the political system, which leaves people quite rationally worried about American decline and the nation’s diminishing ability to weather crises. “One of the hallmarks of being an American is the optimism that your children will be better off,” Yang told me. The lost optimism, he said, “says a lot about how shaken we are by the inability of our political system to address seemingly easy issues, and it leaves us worried about the future.”

In a narrow sense, this is good news for President Obama because it means the problem is not of his making but the result of two decades of scorched-earth politics. That’s bad news for the rest of us, though, because the problem is larger than any leader’s ability to bring hope and change.

For much of U.S. history, optimism was a given. The Post’s polling analyst, Scott Clement, came up with a 1942 survey by Princeton University’s Office of Public Opinion Research that found U.S. parents, by 43 percent to 27 percent, expected their children to be better off in 20 years. A Roper poll in 1983 found that 54 percent thought it likely that children would have a better life than their parents, versus 44 percent who didn’t. In 1990, the WSJ/NBC poll found the optimists besting the pessimists, 50 percent to 45 percent.

Since then, various polling outfits have had different results, with some finding generally higher levels of optimism and others closer to the NBC/WSJ results. But virtually all polling shows a steep decline in optimism since the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Yang doesn’t see that improving much, even as the economy does. “The unsettledness of the public is what is normal now,” he said. “To me, this is less about economic reality than about our political system — our lack of confidence that our political leaders, regardless of party, are equipped to deal with the future.” - By Dana Milbank

QH 01-24-2015 12:32 AM

QH 01-24-2015 12:41 AM

56Nomad 01-24-2015 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108404)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: like facts matter to an ideologue...

Bob,

You still did not answer my question.... can you validate the alledged facts that you put forth :coffee:

Do you really believe all the numbers this administration throws out as facts?

"Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis, More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before, more of our people have health insurance than ever before, our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs, our deficits cut by two thirds, our stock market has doubled, health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years and the government has actually shrunk."

Yup..... no problem that gas prices have gone down and stock market is up. Obama had nothing to do with either of those events.

QH 01-24-2015 06:14 PM

sin cal hd 01-25-2015 04:54 PM

Found this. Thought it would fit.....

http://www.skymall.com/im-right-im-b....html#start=31

Just having some fun:vib::vib:

56Nomad 01-25-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sin cal hd (Post 108415)
Found this. Thought it would fit.....

http://www.skymall.com/im-right-im-b....html#start=31

Just having some fun:vib::vib:

Good one..... unfortunately Skymall is going bankrupt :coffee:

Bob, you better order that shirt soon :D

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fligh...tcy-1422025308

sin cal hd 01-25-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 56Nomad (Post 108416)
Good one..... unfortunately Skymall is going bankrupt :coffee:

Bob, you better order that shirt soon :D

http://www.wsj.com/articles/in-fligh...tcy-1422025308

Ive been hearing about Skymall lately. Never knew what it was till today.

QH 01-25-2015 05:36 PM

56Nomad 01-25-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108418)
I freakin LOVE that shirt! I hope they make one for "Howie" and "Larry" too as they seem to argue as much as Bob does although admittedly theirs should say always wrong...:vib::vib:

:ass:

QH 01-25-2015 05:46 PM

56Nomad 01-25-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108406)
The dark outlook probably has to do with a combination of sky is falling right wing rhetoric and the fact that negative news sells much better than positive news, so the media feeds us a costant dose of it.

If you want something actually real to worry about, listen to this discussion. It will point you in the most important direction of why things are as they are. If the mega rich are taking all the money, there is just not enough left for the rest of us. Seriously watch, it's actually something to feel depressed about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...yt-cl=84411374

Bob,

As you requested, I watched this video and the economist, Dr. Sachs who's the speaker is an admitted leftist. He claims that 100 U.N. ambassadors are angry at the U.S. because they are "victims" of US economic policies. And he agrees with them that the US has ruined their economies.

Although he is a big supporter of "big government", I find it interesting that he admits our economic problems are the result of a "profound failure of government". And although he didn't say it, I would have to assume that his fix would be "more government regulation" to fix it :coffee:

The economists Dr. Jeffrey Sachs, Paul Krugman & George Soros are all in bed together. They are globalists who really see the United State's free market as bad system.

56Nomad 01-25-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108409)
No Howie, as Denise will tell you, I'm a cynical old fart who doesn't believe anything anybody throws out as facts, let alone a politician. As far as credit goes, I didn't give him the credit for those things, only pointed out that those positive things have happened under his watch. I've posted on here several times when everyone was blaming him for high gas prices that POTUS has nothing to do with that.

Our unemployment rate is now lower than it was before the financial crisis
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ow-lower-fina/

More kids are graduating highschool and college than ever before,
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_coi.asp

more of our people have health insurance than ever before
http://www.gallup.com/poll/178100/un...ate-holds.aspx

our businesses have created more than 11 million new jobs,
The exact number is 11.2 million.

our deficits cut by two thirds
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ased-two-thir/

health care inflation at its lowest rate in 50 years
National Journal Fact Check : In 2013, the most recent year for which data are available, total U.S. health care spending increased by just 3.6 percent. That's the lowest single-year increase on record, and it made 2013 the fifth straight year of historically low spending growth. Health care spending grew more slowly than the overall economy, meaning health care's share of the economy didn't get any bigger. All of this is extremely good news for the country's balance sheet. Obamacare doesn't deserve all the credit: There's usually a period of slow growth in the few years following a recession, and experts agree that's part of the slowdown we're seeing now. But many health policy experts say Obamacare is helping

Bob,

I am the eternal optimist and it is great to see good news such as the increase in the H.S. graduation numbers, but I do have a problem believing some of the folks who claim to be "fact checkers"

"Facts," someone once said, "are stubborn things." If there is one thing that is gnawing the marrow out of political coverage in America today, it's the so-called "fact checkers" whom editors of some of the nation's most prestigious publications have appointed to evaluate the veracity of statements made by candidates for public office..... http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...st-republicans

QH 01-25-2015 06:32 PM

QH 01-25-2015 06:35 PM

56Nomad 01-25-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108427)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: like facts matter to an ideologue...

Back at you..... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

QH 01-25-2015 07:24 PM

56Nomad 01-25-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108432)

IDEOLOGUE. 1 : an impractical idealist : theorist. 2 : an often blindly partisan advocate or adherent of a particular ideology

56Nomad 01-27-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108432)

Hey Obama, can you hear me? How come we don't see this in our media......
so we have to read British news?

Obamacare program costs $50,000 in taxpayer money for every American who gets health insurance, says bombshell budget report.

The numbers are daunting: It will take $1.993 trillion, a number that looks like $1,993,000,000,000, to provide insurance subsidies to poor and middle-class Americans, and to pay for a massive expansion of Medicaid and CHIP (Children's Health Insurance Program) costs.

Offsetting that massive outlay will be $643 billion in new taxes, penalties and fees related to the Obamacare law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-report.html

QH 01-27-2015 10:41 PM

56Nomad 01-28-2015 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108456)
A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said insurance coverage would cost $964 billion from 2015 to 2024, $68 billion below its April 2014 projection...

Did you read the article?

This is a new report from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office report that revised cost estimates for the next 10 years

Here is some further problems with the CBO numbers, outlined in this article released today:
http://www.atr.org/cbo-still-refuses...healthcare-law

QH 01-28-2015 12:22 AM

sin cal hd 01-28-2015 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108459)
We're talking about the same CBO report Howie.... Curious how you feel about the Koch brothers anticipating dumping almost a trillion dollars into the 2016 election? Don't you feel that's a bigger threat to our democracy than all the fake garbage you always bring up that never pans out to anything? Seriosly.

WOW A TRILLION DOLLARS..........those numbers must have come from?. But nontheless 889 MILLION is still a lot of money. I wonder how much the AFLCIO, SEIU or TEAMSTERS plan on spending with the union dues?

QH 01-28-2015 02:25 AM

sin cal hd 01-28-2015 02:29 AM

You completely hopped BILLION.

Million
Billion
Trillion.

Maybe that shirt isnt right for you.

Im in lock step with you in the political donors. But its their money. Ive been saying it for years, its a problem. The problem I have with the unions, is that they are using the dues from non-democrat voters and using the money for democrat causes. Thats been proven over and over.

No, this admin has altered the way they report the numbers. To make it LOOK like 5.6% by taking out those who stopped looking for work. 98 million (If thats even the real number) people who are out of work, underemployed or have have part time jobs does not represent a growing economy.

QH 01-28-2015 04:01 AM

56Nomad 01-28-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108461)
I said almost a trillion dollars, which I think is reasonable to say about $889 million. Would you prefer 9/10 of a trillion? Those numbers came from the Kochs themselves and have been widely distributed among multiple news networks. The unemployment numbers are counted as they always have been. The unions represent 10's of millions of workers and donate a fraction of what the Kochs do, hardly apples to apples. Don't get me wrong, I think it sucks almost as bad that unions donate millions too. I think this is as serious a political problem as we have but never hear a peep out of you guys about it????

Since Bob is always right..........

Could you add up all the union contributions and compare that amount to what the Kochs contributed? https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

If the Kochs spent $290 million in 2014...... I think the unions out did them :coffee:

QH 01-28-2015 05:13 PM

56Nomad 01-28-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QH (Post 108465)
If Howie always argues with me and never admits he's wrong does that mean Howie is always right too?

The Kochs are a couple brothers, the unions represent 10's of millions.

Bob wrote:

"The unions represent 10's of millions of workers and donate a fraction of what the Kochs do, hardly apples to apples."

Howie wrote:

"Could you add up all the union contributions and compare that amount to what the Kochs contributed? https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

If the Kochs spent $290 million in 2014...... I think the unions out did them"

I love the way you answer a question with a question :coffee:

BTW..... here is a very recent bipartisan article condemning both parties that I think we both can agree with.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/polit...party-20150127

QH 01-28-2015 07:17 PM